• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RippinRangerFL2000

"O/D off" light flashing intermittently (after 5.0 engine swap)

Problem was resolved by Joe Perri BaySide Automotive Address: 987 Withlacoochee St, Safety Harbor, FL 34695 Phone: (727) 223-8767 He'll post the details, soon.
  2. RippinRangerFL2000

Okay, thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know what I find.
  3. RippinRangerFL2000

Thanks again - So, I had to bring in my team of experts. I have the truck at my friend's shop because he has the testing equipment and software, (and, he's done a few 5.0 Ranger swaps). And, I have a brother who has been a Ford mechanic for years. Regarding your comments - you're spot-on...
  4. RippinRangerFL2000

Yeah, great suggestions, I had searched for a pinched wire, too - because, it sits pretty close to the firewall. I'll keep searching and also do the tedious testing of the wires. Lmk if you can think of anything else.
  5. RippinRangerFL2000

Thanks. By the way, the computer is from the 1996 Explorer. Ranger: body harness. Explorer: engine/pcm/transmission harness
  6. RippinRangerFL2000

Yeah, it does have a flash pattern. So, AAMCO ran the codes. Code was P1705, MLP sensor. And, I replaced the sensor, AAMCO adjusted the sensor. But, still had the same problem. The computer is from the 1996 Explorer. But, it seems like it may be something in the wiring where the gear selector...
  7. RippinRangerFL2000

Hey - I'm new to this forum and I have a small dilemma - would like to ask for advice & comments. (I also posted this on the Transmission Forum). I have a 2000 Ranger XLT, which had a stock 3.0, auto, RWD. And, I just did an engine swap into this Ranger from a 1996 Explorer. I put in the V8 5.0...
  8. RippinRangerFL2000

Hey - I'm new to this forum and I have a small dilemma - would like to ask for advice & comments. I have a 2000 Ranger XLT, which had a stock 3.0, auto, RWD. And, I just did an engine swap into this Ranger from a 1996 Explorer. I put in the V8 5.0 from the Explorer, along with the Auto...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad