• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Axle flange bolt rounded

Hi guys. I barely started to remove my transmission last fall and one of the 8 axle-flange bolts on the rear drive shaft rounded off. I've tried everything I can think of to get it off: heat, gear-wrench socket, filing the rounded-head down to 6-point, pipe-wrench, liquid wrench, etc.,. The...
  2. Front Oil Seal/Main Seal 1998 4wd

Hello all. I'm replacing the front wheel bearings/hubs in my '98 4wd. The passenger side hub was bone dry and rusty, and it appears to me that the oil seal/main seal (not sure of the official name) has failed. I've never worked on these before and am having a hard time finding useful info in...
  3. Vacuum Line Mystery

Hi everyone. I'm attempting to fix an AC problem and discovered this gray vacuum line in my truck isn't connected to anything. I saw a Youtube video where the guy connects it to a valve that my truck appears to be missing, or maybe it's located somewhere where I haven't found it yet. For...
  4. Alarm System Problems

Hi everyone, the factory alarm on my 1998 Ranger has been going off about 20% of the time when I turn off the truck and open the door. It's really gotten to be very annoying. This just started in the last few months (I've had the truck for about 3 years). Is there an easy way to disable the...
  5. Windshield Wipers Malfunctioning

Hi everyone, the windshield wipers on my 98 Ranger are malfunctioning. They work only on the highest setting and they do not return to the parked position. Just started maybe a week ago and gave no prior indication of malfunction. I tried a different multi-function switch and that didn't...
  6. '98 Ranger --> '05 Escape Seat Swap?

Hi everyone, I've been searching the forums for an answer but haven't found much. I would like to swap out my 1998 XLT bucket seats for some very nice 2005 Ford Escape bucket seats I found. The tracks are completely different sizes and the Escape tracks are spaced quite a bit wider, but the...
  7. AC re-charging problem

I was following this guide "Resurrecting Your Ford Ranger Air Conditioning" from the forum here, and I'm pretty sure I bungled it up. I replaced all the AC parts, pulled a vacuum and was ready to re-charge the system. So I was in Appendix C: Charging the System. #11 says "With the truck off...
  8. Catalytic Converter replacement

deleted
  9. heat/blower problems - 1998 4.0 ohv 4wd

I'm having two problems with my heat/blower: 1. The blower only operates when I turn it on "high." From my research it seems this is likely to be the blower motor resistor and/or its accompanying connectors. Does this sound right? I am unable to do much with the truck now as it's...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad