• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Head swap 2.3 NA to Turbo

Can an 89 turbo block have a 96 8 plug head put on it? I've already had my head worked over and even the turbo valves installed in it. In a lot of ways it would be easier to keep the 8-plug head. The guy that did the head feels the heads would flow about the same considering the work put into...
  2. ILLEGALCONCEPTS

It's been awhile

It's been awhile since I've been on here with any consistency. Bought a house, had a kid, had to fix/update house, had another kid, bought a bigger truck...........the normal distractions. Still have the house, still married, still 2 kids but my Ranger has been dormant for about 3 years now...
  3. ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Bullitt Rims

Anyone here have them on their Trucks? If so, what year is your truck, backspacing and manufacturer of the rims. I'm looking at an aftermarket set right now and they seem to be the only wheels I can get in the sizes I want since front and back won't be the same and I don't want to run a 20"+...
  4. ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Suspension bushings

Well, I had to replace my spring hangers on the 96. I ordered front and rear hangers along with new shackles and the poly-bushing kit. I thought I was all set to go. I started this project yesterday and managed to get one spring off and half of the front hanger. My spring was hanging on to a...
  5. ILLEGALCONCEPTS

EGR question

Ok, I've read a lot of the posts on how the EGR works and ways to test it. I just want to make sure I am right. I made sure the hole in the intake was clear. I've sprayed carb cleaner in the EGR itself. I hooked up a vac hose to the EGR itself and when I sucked on it, the motor would start...
  6. ILLEGALCONCEPTS

need new hangers

Ok, well I noticed my drivers side was sitting a little lower then normal a few weeks ago a figured it was just the Ranger lean. I don't drive the 96 too much any more and had it out yesterday when the wife noticed it too. Figured I better get under it and see what was going on. Turns out the...
  7. ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Question for a friend

Ok, its a 91 with the 2.3 5-speed. It started out as a no start situation. Checked codes and it had multiple issues but nothing pin pointed. It was as if one thing was causing all the issues. It's geeting fuel and pressure checks out with in spec. The timing is dead on with the spout...
  8. ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Best prices for clutch replacement

Ok, I have a 95 4-cly 5-speed 2wd with 180K on it. I bought it used from the original owner. They think the clutch was done once and I bought it assuming it needed a new clutch. When I got it home, the clutch res. was empty so I filled it. The clutch then seemed to be working but that only...
  9. ILLEGALCONCEPTS

I need a mild 2wd lift

Ok guys, this is the complete opposite of everything I have done to my '96. I just picked up a '95 Ranger, 2WD, 2.3L, 5_speed for what seems like a good price. It has a broken coil spring and I still have my stock ones from the '96. I was just going to install them, but am thinking of doing a...
  10. ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Time for some small upgrades..........

Ok, I FINALLY ordered up new crossmembers for both my tranny and radius arms from suicidedoors. I was looking on line for new bushings since I know the stockers need replaced. I like to order from SummitRacing but they don't have anything listed on their site that I could find. So I checked...
  11. ILLEGALCONCEPTS

A street guy

Well, the pic may be small but I do have high res ones as well. James
  12. ILLEGALCONCEPTS

What your running and how it's dropped

Ok, lets get things going again. Post up what year your truck is and how it's dropped. Pro's and con's, tire sizes, shocks, sway bars, anything that may help someone out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad