• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 02 Edge No 4x4 - Code C1728

All fuses behind panel / in box seem to be good... Where to go now? :icon_confused:
  2. 02 4x4 Edge - Grinding noise while backing and turning?

Just had new tires, brakes (shoes/pads/rotors/drums) and shocks all the way around... Now, when I back out of my driveway (last 10ft. or so is at an incline), turning wheel to the left, I get this grinding noise from my right front wheel like someone tied a cinder block to a rope and is dragging...
  3. SOHC Chain rattle doc

Started flapping about the SOHC timing chain rattle to the Ford parts guy, so he went and pulled the document on this recall. Can this pdf be found somewhere close (wink wink nudge nudge)? It would just be nice to have the diagrams.
  4. General Maintainence: Nope!

I am ASHAMED of owning an American-made vehicle where I cannot readily access to change supposedly "simple" and general maintainence items. You know, I saved probably $200+ when I owned my Accord by doing the most basic things myself. Hey 4.0l Ranger owners , wanna remove the fan shroud to...
  5. 4.0l SOHC Mods

What have you guys done to yours to add some ponies? I love reading about add-ons so fess up!
  6. '02 cabin filter?

I thought that Rangers didn't have cabin filters... but searching revealed Motorcraft part "MIFP18" Here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C5FLN4/?ie=UTF8&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER $50, sure ain't cheap, I used to get two for my old Accord for $15! Where do these go??
  7. Hi all + great parts price search site

Greetings, all! I'm a rural route mail carrier and I'm glad my Ranger is 4WD! These rural roads sure get pretty bad after a good rain -- I take a few detours after that. My '02 Ranger Edge is black and has two silver stripes down the middle, kind of like some Mustang GT's and I think it adds a...
  8. Tensioner/pulley noises?

I've noticed a "rattling bearing" kind of sound, along with a "chirping" sound coming from the pulley area in the engine bay; It comes and goes, but really picks up when I accelerate. Is this the tensioner going out or a pulley? And are 4.0l's known for this issue? I also notice the (what I...
  9. Cleaning TB, IAC and EGR valve - Mistake?

Well, I had a hair on my butt today to go and do some light "maintainence", this is my story: Vehicle: 2002 Ranger Edge 4x4 auto trans. 4.0l V6 1. Cleaner: BG Products throttle body cleaner. 2. Cleaned throttle body, TB plate, IAC and EGR Valve with said cleaner. Noticed EGR valve was nearly...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad