• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 7.5 to 8.8 driveshaft question?

I'm upgrading to a 8.8 from a 7.5 in my 1986 STX ranger. The axle with springs came from a 1998 explorer and I got the one piece driveshaft and my ranger has a tow piece. Can anyone tell me how much do I have to shorten my driveshaft? Or can can I switch to the one piece driveshaft.
  2. 8.8 Pinion flange Info

Can a pinion flange from a 7.5 fit a 8.8? I have a 86 ranger converting it from 7.5 to 8.8. I know the 7.5 flange measures 2.5" bolt to bolt and the 8.8 is 3". Thanks
  3. I can't find the t-case computer module

Can someone help me find my t-case computer module. I have a 1986 Ranger SXT super cab and I have looked behind the driver side jump seat and under the dash. I found where the wiring harness enters the cab from the t-case under the driver's seat.
  4. Electronic shift transfer case problem

I have a 1986 Ranger STX with shift on the fly. I can't get it to do anything in four wheel drive. Electronic shift is new to me and I am asking for any help to figure it out.:icon_confused: First off I saved the ranger from a neighbor where it has been parked for 8 years. The fuel pump was hot...
  5. My upgrade

This is my first time on a discussion forum. I am looking to convert my 86 ranger from drum to disk breaks. I plan to change my rear axle from a stock 7.5 with drums to 8.8 with disk breaks. Does the proportioning valve need to be changed? If so, what donor vehicle do I need to get it from? And...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad