• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. HELP 2003 ball joint replacement

It worked. I jacked it up a lot higher than the driver side, but it worked! Thank you!!!
  2. HELP 2003 ball joint replacement

Yes they lined up pretty well, there was also a left and right side, I made sure they were placed in the right spot. I’m going to go back out to the barn and try again I’ll get back to you. Thanks for the suggestion
  3. HELP 2003 ball joint replacement

I tried that, do I have to jack it up more?
  4. HELP 2003 ball joint replacement

Hi. I am Matt, I am 25 and trying my best to learn. Currently, I am in the process of replacing all the ball joints in my 2003 2.3 L 2wd XL. This is the first time I have attempted to do something like this without help from someone else. I had lots of problems thru out the way, but was able to...
  5. Bought 03 Ranger 72 hours ago from dealership, chirping now coming engine

Update: the crank shaft pulley does not spin I assume that's normal? The pulley with the fan, the fan has a hair of play in it. The tensioner pulley does not rotate smooth at all, kind of rattles, the other pulleys rotate smoothly. The not so smooth rattling tensioner, is that our culprit...
  6. Bought 03 Ranger 72 hours ago from dealership, chirping now coming engine

Update: I'm going to check for a bad bearing by removing the tension and spinning the pulleys by hand.
  7. Bought 03 Ranger 72 hours ago from dealership, chirping now coming engine

Hey all, Last Saturday I bought a 2003 Ford Ranger from a dealership. Tonight I started it up after work and I notice now a squeaking noise has appeared. I took a video, it seems to be coming from the front engine bay, perhaps a pulley?? I am beyond frustrated, can someone point me in the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad