• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. nidf88

how bad is it to...(easy questions)

how bad is it to shift into 4lo without locking the front hubs? will this destroy my transfer case? its been 5 years since i was able to use 4wd (gearing issue, dont ask) what are some of the guidelines for using the bw1350 with a 5 speed? the last time i was able to use 4wd was back in my...
  2. nidf88

shifter compatibility fm146/m5od

are the shifters on the fm146 and m5od the same? in other words... can i somehow get the hurst 3915020 for the m5od http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=HUU%2D3915020&N=700+115&autoview=skuin to my truck. 1985 4x4 fm146 stock height.
  3. nidf88

1350 what size is the flange bolt?

1350 transfer case with the yoke style rear output flange(the one that a u-joint seats into). what size thin wall socket do i need order to fit this thing? the output flanges are swappable right?
  4. nidf88

just completed 8.8 swap (85 driveshaft mod)

i just completed the 8.8 swap into my 1985 ranger two weeks ago. the donor vehicle was a 91 ranger 4.0. most everything bolted on with no modification (shocks, parking brake, brake lines, and the original 4x4 blocks w/existing shackles). the one thing that WAS NOT a direct bolt on was the 7.5...
  5. nidf88

Opinions on Limited slip? (not lockers)

detroits, aussies, arbs... seen a lot of posts here about lockers, but none about limited slip (excluding trac loc). i prefer limited slip over locking for my application. there are a bunch of limited slips on the market: auburn hp and pro, eaton posi and true trac, torsen gleason, yukon dura...
  6. nidf88

what type discs/pads do you run? GEN1

i've always had trouble with my 85 4wd wearing out rotors quickly. Have any of yall had good luck with a particular set of discs? should i really pay for slotted of drilled disc rotors? what about pads? semi metallic/ organic/ super expensive brand x? wouldnt really good brakes just lock...
  7. nidf88

what happened to push bars?

all i want is a chrome push bar that is winch friendly that can mount over my existing bumper on a 1985. i really dont want an entire new bumper like james duff or TRS fab... just an oldschool push bar. any ideas where to find?
  8. nidf88

4.10 vs 4.11 deathmatch 8.8

i have purchased a used 8.8 rear to swap my 7.5 with (thanks:AllanD, 4x4junkie, projectnitemare, and Totalled) and will begin building it soon. its an open pre '93 width 28 spline (3.08). i have decided on a powertrax no slip for the locker and i want to retain my stock ratio for...
  9. nidf88

1985 factory tach conversion

i have an 85 ranger without a factory tach. my gauge cluster has actual gauges for temp, oil press, amps, and fuel. my truck only has one of the large gray harnesses that plugs into it and four lights above the column. i have found a gauge cluster out of an 86 or 87 B2 with factory tach. it...
  10. nidf88

7.5 to 8.8 driveshaft/brakes

i have an 85 ranger 4x4 reg cab. 1350 case, 7.5 rear, spicer 2 piece drive shaft. will i have to swap drive shafts if i go to an 8.8? is so, i have to swap the rear output flange on my 1350 right? and will an 8.8 really "bolt in" no welding? if so, what years are direct bolt on? will my...
  11. nidf88

weber 38 vs. holley 2300

has anyone put a weber carb on thier 2.8? lmc truck sells a kit with the 38degs. i have a weber on my datsun and i love it. weber vs. holley 2300? concerning the duraspark conversion... will i notice a difference going with an msd box or digital box from summit? also does anyone else sell...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad