• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Center armrest console

How do i remove the center armrest console from a 96 ranger,i tried removing the black coin tray thing in the center and all it would do bend to almost breaking plastic,i saw a post about it and from the pictures i saw it appeared to unbolt from the seat not from the seat to the console.i found...
  2. 99 Ranger Squeak in Engine Bay

Remove the belt and start it and listen for the chirp,if it is still there it might well be the synk if it is gone check the idler pully alt ps pump,rotate them and see if you can find what may be making the noise,good luck.
  3. Transmisson slams into reverse

I have a 98 ranger 3.0 automatic,when i got this truck there was no engine or tranny,i installed another engine and tranny, and it runs like a million bucks,on occaision when putting into reverse it slams hard like the mount is broken,also the speedo sits at 20-25 when the engine is off and when...
  4. Found! Inside Door Finish Panel Manual Windows and Power Mirror

im back, if you are handy and have a dremell you could get the black panel without any power options and trace ou a opening and carefully cut a opening and there you go ,all taken care of.
  5. Found! Inside Door Finish Panel Manual Windows and Power Mirror

I dont know if you have found a door panel you can use any door panel with the window crank hole because the black part is inter changable so your problem is you need ti find a weirdo panel with only the opening for the mirror switch,i only thought the power mirror was only available with the...
  6. 3.0 1998 a/c engine side of the wiring harness the same as a engine side harness on say a 97,99,2000,01.

I bougt a ranger a few years ago without the engine and auto trans,ps pump alt,a/c comp,and the wire harness from the connection on the back of the intake but all other wiring there, my problem is that it runs perfect but inside the Key ding ding is dinging all the time with door open or closed...
  7. Running rich but can't seem to figure it out. 98 3.0L

I was having the same issue,come to find out that the guy before me replaced the engine from a late 2000 eng code v whitch is flex fuel and flex fuel injectors shoot a bigger spray pattern and the code u was not FF,also the ff inj are grey in color and the gas are green and supposedly 1998...
  8. 2000 ranger flex fuel sensor

how do you diagnose a flex fuel sensor
  9. difference between flex fuel injectors and non flex injectors, color, part #s on them?????

So they Ford made a FLEX Fuel and A Gas model ranger in 2000
  10. difference between flex fuel injectors and non flex injectors, color, part #s on them?????

How do i physicaly determine the difference between Flex Fuel Injectors and non Flex on a 98 Ranger and a 2000 ranger, i think i might have installed the injectors from the 00 flex and put them into the 98,it will run like crap one time and the next time it runs fairly good, i think at one time...
  11. HELP,I dont now?

Hello again, Can anybody tell me if the under hood wiring harness for a 3.0 in a 98 is the same as in a 2000, 98 is non flex 2000 is Flex fuel, I got the 98 without an engine or any thing else under the hood no engine wiring harness from the cowl forward except the wiring in and around the fuse...
  12. Electrical ? About Putting a 3.0 from a 2000 FF ranger into a 1998 3.0 non FF

Thanks RonD,for the help,Info Greatly appreciated,I was just thinking, can i Remove all wiring from Entire vehicle, engine comp under dash, under vehicle as long as the vehicle im getting the wire harness from is exactly the same, auto,a/c cruise,locks windows both fuse panels,, Why cant i do...
  13. Electrical ? About Putting a 3.0 from a 2000 FF ranger into a 1998 3.0 non FF

My 98 according to ford dealer mine doesnt have pats, How do i determine which PCM and Other Modules are correct for my application, I thought the part # had to match the replacements???
  14. Electrical ? About Putting a 3.0 from a 2000 FF ranger into a 1998 3.0 non FF

Yes, Thanks for info,Would i be better off finding a complete wiring harness from a 1998 ranger, i tried the 98 PCM,but then the anti theft went off, power door locks would only work to open not close, also speedo is staying at 35 mph and the engine would just crank and not start...
  15. Electrical ? About Putting a 3.0 from a 2000 FF ranger into a 1998 3.0 non FF

A few years ago i bought 2 rangers a 98 and 2000 the engine compartment was empty nothing but master cyl,A/C heater assy, I pulled 3.0 & tranny out of 2000 and put the them in 98,Same two trucks only years and Flex Fuel are the only differences, Can i take the engine wiring and PCM and all the...
  16. 1998 flex fuel

According to local ford dealer says that this truck does not have PATS according to VIN #,I called two days ago. but i thought that if you had anti theft sistem you had PATS,Is that true? thanks Again.
  17. 1998 flex fuel

Thank You very much stmitch for all of the info, so what would i have to do with the PATS, this 98 does not have PATS according to the ford dealer here in town, by PATS you mean a chipped key, if it helps at all it does have a anti theft system
  18. 1998 flex fuel

I have a 98 ranger 3.0 FF engine code U and a 2000 3.0 engine code V both automatics 2 WD same two trucks options, the 98 FF already had engine and trans and all wiring removed from the engine compartment except PCM, i got absolutely nothing in eng comp except Heater A/C housing, I took...
  19. Flex fuel swap to non flex fuel

I have a 98 ext cab & a 2000 same as 98 ,same options basiclly the same truck just diff yearsI have a2000 3.0 FF and want to put it into the 98,non FF,No pats on 98 , I have the ecm and engine wiring harness from the 2000 ,no wiring harness for 98,My question is What do i have to do to make this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad