• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Wasp

1. Wasp

Knock Sensor on 94 4.0L OHV

Gday guys, I have a 4.0L OHV I build 62K ago. Runs great, but I found on Rock Auto they offer a knock sensor for it. Where exactly does that go on the engine? Thanks for your input, J
  2. Wasp

Parabolic springs

Thanks Sgt, I have a beefed up set of springs on my truck now. When I hit washboard empty the truck bounces all over the place. Parabolic springs are known for their smooth manageable ride. I do tow a work trailer so the weight carrying capacity would be welcome. H
  3. Wasp

Anyone recognize this mirror?

Might be a LMC replacement mirror
  4. Wasp

Parabolic springs

Gday guys, Watching a review on the new Ranger, Andre at TFL spoke of Parabolic leaf springs in the rear. Does anyone know whether parabolic springs will adapt to an older Ranger, Explorer or Bronco II platform. I can't imaging why they wouldn't with the correct mounting points. I understand...
  5. Wasp

A Stronger axle or knuckle

I've been blowing up passenger side inner U joint knuckles on my Dana 35 TTB. Anyone know where I can buy a stronger axle shaft or a replacement knuckle maybe chrome moly that can put up with the abuse. 90 B2 4" lift 4.0L Dana 35 LS TTB, 33" Cooper STT tires. Thanks, Harl
  6. Wasp

Switch it off and the light comes on

I had asked for help on this topic before and thought I had it licked but, no.... I have an arming switch for my electric cooling fan, so when I want to shut it off for water crossings or so not to wear down my battery, or for sneaking up on a pack of zombies, I can do so without the fan coming...
  7. Wasp

Ticking time bomb

Went to Wally World n scored a 5 quart jug of 10-30 Pennzoil Plus, you know the stuff that's derived from natural gas? I drained the old stuff, installed a oil cooler spacer to give me a place to put my oil temp sensor and eventually a engine oil cooler. I charged the filter, screwed that on the...
  8. Wasp

Light is on when the switch is off

I have a switch to control my electric cooling fan so when I go through deep water I can shut the fan off. What I want to do is, have a red indicator light come on when the cooling fan switch is off telling me, "ha stupid, your cooling fan is off". Any ideas on how to do this? :icon_confused...
  9. Wasp

Where to put engine oil temp sensor

I built a center console for gauges outlets and switches under my climate controls. I didn't like the "A"pillar idea or having gauges obstructing my vision by being on top of my dash. So far I have.... 1 red covered arming switch to turn the engine cooling fan on and off for deep water fording 2...
  10. Wasp

2 shocks or 4

I drive a B2 2" body 5" suspension lift, Jeep xj BDS 6" 260lb coils w/ Bilstein 7100 shocks on a D35 TTB. For tires I'm running a set of Cooper STT 33". When out wheeling tonight, I noticed my front tire, every time I hit a rut or a rock they would wobble. Not pulling the wheel out of my hand...
  11. Wasp

D35 clutch pack cheat

My DD is a first gen Explore hiding under a B2 body. Here in the North East we get our share of greasy conditions, snow ice mud, it's a good. With a locker rear and open D35 it isn't so bad. But the ultimate would be a locker for the D35, I currently have an Aussie in the 8.8,and love it! The...
  12. Wasp

WARN 37780 hubs

I detonated a superwinch hub last night while out trout fishing. Fording a stream I had to descend a bank strewn with some rather hefty bones. One wheel got hung up on a flat sided monster I could not get on top of. While trying to extricate myself, I heard what sounded like a 22LR going off...
  13. Wasp

Fuel pump plug

Gday all, Anyone know where I can find a plug for a fuel pump on a 90 B2 I did a 4L/A4LD swap to my B2, I found the fuel pump plug on the sending unit is really beat up, i.e. no hold down clips and one of the female connectors is just about history.. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Harl
  14. Wasp

No low range

My electric transfer case is not dropping into low range.... Any ideas on what the problem might be before I tear into it? Thanks, Harl
  15. Wasp

Strange ground

I swapped a 94 4.0 w/A4LD into my 90 B2... And now I have an electrical issue that's baffling me. With a standard test light, I connected the alligator clip to the (+)positive side of the battery, then probe to any of the fuses in the large component fuse box on the fender well. It seems that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad