• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by vincedia

1. T-adapters in 98' 3.0L hose from heater core.

What are the hoses in the T adapters from the heater core going to? They connect to the intake manifold, but I can't see where they go after that. One of the nipples on the intake manifold split on me and is leaking coolant. I tried finding a picture with no luck. If I find one I will post it...
  2. Anyone ever UN-clog a heater core in a 98'?

My ranger is not getting heat, this fall I drained and flushed the cooling system 3 times. First time was just a drain, ran water through, then fill. I had heat for a few days. Then lost the heat. Second time was a drain, ran water through and installed a flush kit, flushed it and put in...
  3. Carfax

How good is carfax? What kind of information can you get with just a VIN? Does anyone know of a free trial or way I can try a sample with one of my vehicles? Thanks in advance, Vince
  4. Can't identify this part in the cooling system (PIC included)

This is attached to the block just below where the thermostat is. It has a temperature sensor screwed into the top and it "had" a nipple on the bottom for a host that ran to the coolant return hose. The nipple coroded and was spitting coolant all over my engine compartment. I thought it was...
  5. Changing the water pump tomm.

I'm going to dig into the water pump tomorrow on my 98 ranger 3.0 with 150k. Parts are generally cheap so when I'm in there is there anything else I should look at changing out, maintaining, or inspecting. Do these trucks have any problem with timing chains? Should I be worried about it or will...
  6. Hours for changing water pump on a 98 3.0?

Does anyone know the suggested hours for a shop to change a water pump on a 3.0? I have coolant gushing from the area of the pump and a high pitch bearing noise on start up. I'm really hoping it's the pump and nothing more. What kind of hours are recomended for changing this out? What will a...
  7. Adding power windows/locks to a 98. Pictures.

Started the project, got about 95% done. There is a support brace in the door right below the door lock bar that is causing some binding to the lock actuator. The locks don't have any switches, they work with the remote start/alarm or by locking/unlocking one of the doors the other will follow...
  8. Could my parking break be locked?

1998 Ranger ex-cab 4x4 5spd 3.0 Got in the truck tonight for a run to the depot. It started great but it was cold! I sat in it for about 10 mins waiting for it to warm up, put it in 1st and released the p-break. It would not go anywhere. It would rock a bit but just not move. I tried reverse...
  9. mechanics

I want to find a mechanic that will let me work with him/her. Now I really don't know too much about actually wrenching, but I love to be involved, watch and learn. I don't have space at my house to take weeks with my truck in pieces as I slowly try to do the work soooo...gotta take it...
  10. Looking for a diagram of the front steering / suspension

Probably a silly question but does anyone have a diagram of the front steering / suspension for a 1998 4x4 3.0? I don't fully understand how it all works but I do know I'm having some issues with a "wobble" when I hit some bumps. I don't believe it is the shocks because I know how bad shocks...
  11. A little sample of my new system

Let's just say I can't wait for the break-in to be over! Alpine 9886 head driving Polk Momo Carbon 400.4 to 4 Polk DB 5x7. Polk Momo Carbon 500.1 pushing a Polk Momo 12" DVC in a home built sealed enclosure.
  12. 1998 ranger ex cab to 97 explorer seats issues

So I had a 1993 ranger and I got a set of cloth seats from a 1997 explorer and swapped the tracks for my 60/40 bench to the new seats and everything was good. I totaled that ranger and got me a 1998 ranger ex cab. I tried to do the same thing with my orig. seat tracks on my 60/40 split bench...
  13. Pic of amp mount and question about 93' ranger

What is the box behind the driver seat in a 93 ranger reg cab? I moved it to under the seat so I could install an amp in it's location and I just wanted to make sure it's not going to kill something important. Thanks, Vince
  14. Safari bar for a 93' 4x4

I'm looking for a mounting kit number for a Westin safari bar. I know I've seen pictures on early 90's rangers but Westin is saying only 98'-08' Did the front change that much from 1993 that you would need a different frame mount? Please help! Thanks in advance, Vince
  15. Bored 93' reg cab

I'm bored so I'm posting a bunch of pre work done pics:hottubfun: Comments on future work would be cool. whatever :) Vince Very first pic, only removed the ladder rack. Got the truck box on. Anyone know how to remove those fender flairs so I can paint them? Got the new lights in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad