• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Uly The Hermit

1. Hesitation Engaging in D '99 4R44E

Hi. I recently installed a used 4R44E in my '99 Ranger, 3.0L. I put a little over 1000 miles on it since it was installed. When I first put it in D it won't engage for about 3 seconds then seems OK. While driving it seems to shift a bit rough especially when it goes into passing gear but the...
  2. No O/D on '91 Explorer A4LD

Hi. The O/D quit working on my '91 Explorer, 4.0L, auto A4LD trans, 4WD. It will not engage at all--just like putting it in neutral. From everything I've read so far it sounds like the O/D sprag broke. Not sure what that is but is it OK to continue to drive it in D? Or is it likely that it...
  3. O/D Light Flashing and trans slips

I just installed a used transmission in my '99 Ranger 3.0L 4R44E trans, reg cab, 2wd. After I drive about five miles the O/D lights starts flashing. After a while longer it starts to slip. By the time I got home it wouldn't go into D or R but moved when put into 1 or 2. I made sure the...
  4. Single or Double Cardan?

On my '99 Ranger there is one u-joint at the rear of the driveshaft where it attaches to the differential. The other end is splined and it fits into the trans. Is this a single cardan type? The reason I need to be certain is because the torque specs are a lot different for the double cardan...
  5. Remove Exhaust to Remove Trans?

I'm in the process of removing the auto trans from my '99 Ranger, 3.0L, 2WD, Reg Cab, 4R44E. Do I need to remove the exhaust system to get the trans out of there? I can't see how to get it past the pipe that goes under the trans. Is there a trick to this? I tried lowering the trans, raising...
  6. Kickdown Cable on '99 4R44E?

Hi. I'm trying to remove the trans on my '99 Ranger. Is there a kickdown cable on this? I can't seem to find one and I'm kinda worried. I also could not find a speed sensor but that appears to be a DSS electrical connector instead. Is there such a thing as an electronic kickdown cable? I...
  7. Which Years 4R44E will fit my 1999 3.0L?

I have a 1999 Reg Cab Ranger with the 3.0L and the 4R44E auto trans. Looking at the chart here it says that this trans was used between 1995 and 2000 with the 3.0L. Is that pretty reliable? I need to find a used trans and I don't know enough to be making modifications on driveshafts etc. I...
  8. Anyone tried Got Engines?

Anyone done any business with gotengines.com? They have used and rebuilt transmisisons at some of the lower prices that I've seen and supposedly the used ones are tested, have less than 100K miles, and some sort of DOA guarantee. They said shipping is included (even for the core return) on...
  9. Where's the Force Motor?

Hi. I'm still having shifting problems with my '99 with the 4R44E auto trans. It will not go into D after shifting from R or P but will engage if I first shift to ! or 2 and then to D. I have adjusted the bands 1 1/2 turns out. Someone said two turns but at least two other sources said 1 1/2...
  10. '99 3.0L Won't Shift Into D

Hi. I have a 1999 Ranger with the 3.0L and, as far as I can tell, the 4R44E auto trans. It seems to work fine in R, 1, or 2 but if it's in D there is a long delay before it shifts and sometimes it feels like it's slipping. It does not seem to matter if O/D is on or off. Sometimes it feels...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad