• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tyler93

1. Heres my list of things ive done.. havnt even registred it under my name yet

frame was rotted out in rear,could push finger through it no support for shackles had to get rear end frame welded and braced. following all done by me. New rear shackles installed new rear leaf springs installed new alternator installed New rear shocks installed new front tires new...
  2. ranger moments ,have you ever

Thought this would be a good topic to read and write about.. What Is some of the craziest things you have done or encountered in or with you ranger maybe things you hit,hauled,jumped,broken. Some crazy moments, surprising moments. Anything exciting ..lets hear about it
  3. What i have going on with my exhuast,squezzing as much as i can out of the 2.5l

I have a 1998 ford ranger 2.5l with 211,000 on it. Runs mint. I chopped the whole exhuast off right after the o2 sensor and where the pipe coming from the cats connects to the muffler pipe where it bolts together. Thats all cut off. Now what i have is a 2.5" straight pipe from cats. Sounds...
  4. Fitting trouble with new rear brake drums. Wont fit over hub

I just bought all new rear brakes. Wheel cylinders both sides drums shoes.. This truck is a 1998 ford ranger xlt 2wd. I measured the old drums to be 9" inner measuremnt. which is correct for this year right? When you put the new drums and old drums on top of one another they are exactly the same...
  5. Rim is completly stuck to hub. CAN NOT get it off.

My pass side rear rim is stuck almost like a weld to the truck. It will not budge, i think i could drive it around all day long without nuts and nothing would happen. Ive hammered on it like no ones business, got underneath and went on kicking sprees, shook it until i almost passed out, torch...
  6. whats a good compression ratio if you plan on a Supercharger

Im going to be building a 331 stroker motor for my mustang. I Chose 331 instead of 347 becuase i here the 347 wear down very very fast and actually that the rod puts pressure on one side of the piston and pushes it agains the cylinder wall. Anyone have a 5.0? Is that true sounds like it could...
  7. 98' ranger xlt "A3" rear suspension

I had alot of rear end work done last week i needed new leaf springs on one side and my leaf spring code was a3 iam wondering what the a stands for also what models come with stiffer taller suspensions ive seen some rangers just like. Mine with the rears much higher in the air
  8. Dupli-crap Spray paint Just a pain...

Have been battling paint codes and colors, scratches and ect. So i Had large areas to paint roughly the equivalent of 2 whole doors On my 1998 ranger. So my paint codes PA which is an awesome color i think but ive had primer and ugly sanding scratches on my door and side for a while, got sick of...
  9. Some Requested pictures. of my rear frame rust and shackles

Heres my rear frame Just the side rails are bad and shocks and whats left of one shackle tell me if this is fixable i got the truck for free if its going to cost me 300 400 bucks which is a prie i can get probably lower because i know a guy. Rust kills...
  10. Any really effective ways to remove rotted rusted bent shackles.

I need to remove my bent rotted rusted crap shackles Theres rivets theres bolts theres the big bolt at the end of the leaf spring. And i do not have access to a torch nor do i have enough space under there to use a torch.. so far iv tried a sawzall drill bits hammer.. Are there any really good...
  11. Installing and Removing Rear shackles

Ive moved onto my next repair My rear way back rear shackles. They are rotted off on one side and on the other side half rotted bent and bad, All bolts are scaling and are a flaky rusty mess. The part that bolts to the end of the leaf srping is still there but connects to nothing because its...
  12. Help! This is the biggest confusion. Need an expert!.

I have a 1998 ford ranger xlt 2.5 2wd. So this is my problem please give as much detail as possible. I beleive i have a crap High beam switch. Which is connected to the *(wipers,wiper water washer,blinkers,warning lights,High beam switch).* Now i think i have a bad high beam switch because 1...
  13. cleaning up My ranger rims? Dont even know what to use help.

These are my 1998 ranger xlt rims 14 inch i belive they are alloy? But around the lip of the rim in some spots theres like white powder and a film of like clear flakey crap covering it but anyway i ripped some of the clear flaky crap off and it was just white powder and it looks like crap i blew...
  14. Need a price estimate got lots of work to do Help

Well Ive got my 1998 ranger xlt 2wd that's been sitting. Iam 16 Soon to be getting this on the road. Iam extremely mechanically inclined and will be doing my own work as i have been working on everything since i was 11. My truck needs___ -2 Rear Shackles With hardware -2 Medium/Heavy Duty...
  15. Put up some pics of your rangers.

Post up some pics of your rides id really like to see them plus it can give me and probably others some ideas on what to do to ours.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad