• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tsimmons21

1. 89 2.9 ranger runs rough at cold start

i have a cold start issue, after I drive it for about 3 miles it idles just fine. if I just start it up and let it idle after about a minute it will die. I've replace the iac, map sensor, checked vacuum but it is so erratic at start up I have no idea what it means, I've checked the plugs, they...
  2. converting 89 2.9 2wd ranger to ttb 4x4

are the transmissions tail housings different? or can i just install the transfer case to my transmission? i have been told the transmissions are different, is this true?
  3. umbrella type valve stem seals vs. regular valve seals?

what is everyones opinion? i personally think i should go back with the stock type seals but i'm being told that umbrella type is the way i should go. I don't know if i like the way they fit. let me know! thanks:annoyed:
  4. broke my trans lines... any quick fix tips?

ok so i replaced my radiator and the two metal trans lines from the trans cooler that hooked up at the radiator were seized and i ended up breaking the lines. is there a quick fix for this or should i just try lmc truck and get new metal lines?:icon_surprised:
  5. 89 ranger 2.9 idle issue

first start up runs fine but after driving for a few minutes and come to an idle it surges and the engine light will come on, but when i get up to highway speeds engine light goes off and no issues, i'm assuming its a vaccum leak but cant find one anywhere! anybody heard of this issue?
  6. 89 ranger 2.9 liter, electrical issue.

need to know what this part name is and what it does?
  7. Wiring harness needed!! 89 ranger

I'VE GOT THIS 89 RANGER SITTING AT MY GRANDPARENTS LAND ROTTING, AND I WANT TO GET IT UP AND RUNNING TO HAVE A PLAY TRUCK. FIELD RATS ATE ALL THE WIRING. ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET ONE OR KNOW ANYONE SELLING ONE OR PARTING OUT?:icon_surprised::icon_cheers:
  8. will a 2.9L out of a 89 ranger bolt up to my 95 with a 2.3L ?

if not i need to know what i will need for the swap
  9. can i bolt in a old 2.9L into my 2.3?

just found out the ranger sitting and rotting at my grandparents has a 2.9 v6 in it, i want to pull that motor and get it on a engine stand and rebuild it, but now i want to know if it will bolt up to my 2.3 chassis and transmission.
  10. will a 4.0L bolt in to a 95' 2.3?

i've been told it will, without having to replace axles and other components, would like your opinion.
  11. 2.3L oil pan gasket on a 95'

Can i just unbolt the pan from underneath or do i have to pull the engine?:beer:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad