• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by trents

1. Fuel economy

Just took a trip to the Washington coast on Friday, a round trip of about 120 miles. Mixture of two lane state roads and freeway, i.e. 55-60 mph except for a couple of small traffic jams. Before I left I filled up and top off and when I returned I filled up and topped off at the same gas pump...
  2. Carb lesson

I recently bought a remanufactured Motorcraft 2150 (nonfeedback) for my Durasparked 2.8. Got in from a place in Phoenix called Carburetor Exchange for $179, with automatic choke even. Seemed like a good deal. The description of what they do in the rebuilding process seemed pretty thorough, even...
  3. Ignition question

I Dursparked several years ago and I'm using the ignition compontents that were OEM with a '76 Pinto. My rig is running rough lately and lacks power. Checked timing and its right on. I replaced the distributor as the vacuum advance diaphragm had gone bad. Still runs rough and lacks power at...
  4. Need input for resealing intake manifold

I've got a vacuum leak and need to redo my intake manifold gaskets. My question is, should I use any sealant around the intake and water ports and if so, what do you recommend for sealant? RTV would work fine for the water ports but any sealant around the intake ports would need to be fuel...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad