• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by TJS1011

1. Broken frame

They're obviouly a scam, I found the samething about the address, etc. Thanks for looking
  2. Broken frame

I did find a place in Tennesee but the low price has me worried about whether thay are legit or not. Has anyone used them for parts? https://www.duransbodyshop.net/ga/kentrol-rust-buster-rear-over-axle-frame-section-driver-side-rb7207l-8688840.html I tried emailing them and it got kicked back...
  3. Broken frame

Thanks for the advice, I agree that best way would be to replace the whole back frame section but finding a good one in New England is about imposible. I'm thinking about going this route, see the link...
  4. Broken frame

The rest of the frame isn't too bad, I'd probably have to weld in plates about 2 ft long. I thought about cutting a piece out of a parts truck I have but time might be an issue as I have no vehicle at the moment. We're pulling the bed off both trucks right now so mayby I'll check the parts truck...
  5. 4.0L oil leak

I might buy a '01 4.0L 4X4 Ranger, it has an oil leak on the drivers side from what looks to be the area of the base of the dip stick, it leaks down onto the manifold, etc. Any clues?
  6. Leaf spring mounts

Thanks!
  7. Broken frame

I have an opportunity to buy an '01 4X4 4.0L automatic Ranger with 170K for $400, however it has a cracked frame located right at the rear shock mount' drivers side. A friend who is an experienced body man said we could fix it by jacking it back in position and weld in some plates. I've attached...
  8. Leaf spring mounts

I know that rear leafspring shackles and mounts are available for Rangers, are there forward mounts for the rear leaf spring mounts available too?
  9. 03 Ranger 3.0 won't turn over

Without making any noise whatsoever, it just stpped running like you turned the key.
  10. 03 Ranger 3.0 won't turn over

Oops, I feel like an idiot, forgot to put it in neutral, we'll try iy again tomorrow and I'll let you know. As far as the starter being jammed, it would be difficult for me to get under there to check because of where the tow truck dumped it. The plugs looked about normal for this truck, nothing...
  11. 03 Ranger 3.0 won't turn over

Well, we pulled the plugs and there is no way that I can turn the engine with the crank pulley bolt so I guess it's done for. Total surprise in that I had no warning whats so ever, it's been running fine, normally starts up instantly. I'm just confused as to what could be so catastrophic with no...
  12. 03 Ranger 3.0 won't turn over

Sitting at a stop light idling, my ranger stopped running, no obvious noise, just stopped. Now the starter is unable to turn the engine, it engages and tries but the engine won't turn. Being that the 3.0 vulcan is a non-interference engine I'm at a loss, what could cause it to lock up?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad