• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by timfost85

1. 93 Ranger won't start

Hi all, I feel like I'm about ready to take this truck to the salvage yard! It has been fighting me lately. On the other hand, I have built quite the relationship with his truck. It starts hard often. Many times it is when it is a hot day and the sun has been beating down on it. It also...
  2. 513 code: PCM failure

So my 4L 1993 gave me a 513 code. It won't start or anything. Is there anything else I should troubleshoot, or should I buy a new PCM?
  3. Fuel pressure regulator???

Hi all, I'm not a frequent poster here, but I do really appreciate your advice when I have issues with my truck. My 93 Ford Ranger (4l 4X4) wouldn't start the other day. I checked for spark, and narrowed it down to a fuel delivery problem. I lifted the bed and hardwired the fuel pump directly...
  4. Starting issues

Hi all, My '93 Ranger is having some difficulties related to starting. First, it has been starting really hard. The starter and battery were working fine, but it just won't turn over when it's hot outside. When it's cooler, it doesn't seem to have an issue. Second, I went out this morning...
  5. Green fluid spray???

As I was working on '02 Explorer, I heard a funny noise and saw a spray when I turned in the truck (my hood was up). Under the hood I find this: I'm guessing that this is refrigerant? I recently recharged the ac system (3 12 oz. cans), but my gauge said I was in the proper range (it was...
  6. Line identification and hookup

Yes, the reservoir is under the glove compartment, near where the passenger's feet go. Thanks! Does this look like the correct place to plug in the line (see photo center)?
  7. Line identification and hookup

Perhaps I'm going crazy, but I've looked all over this area and can't find anything. I'm certain that the accident scenario doesn't apply because the vents worked until a couple months ago.
  8. Line identification and hookup

Hi all, The first photo shows where the line in question comes out of the passenger firewall and the second shows the end of the line. I found it dangling and have no idea what it is where it connects. It's a 2002 Ford Explorer. Thanks for your help!
  9. TPS help

My check engine light has been coming on intermittently. Just pulled code 124 off ('93 4L 5 speed). Should I replace the TPS or might something else be related to the code? (I've also had a 226 code forever, but that didn't set off the light.) I've noticed some hesitation in acceleration...
  10. Explorer reverse lights not working

I know this is a Ranger forum, but I know that Explores and Rangers have a number of similarities. Vehicle is 2002 4l 4x4, automatic tranny. My reverse lights won't work. When I pull the gear shifter into D, sometimes the reverse lights flicker, so they seem to get a little juice. However...
  11. tag light

I have a left tag light on a '93 Ranger out. It needs to be fixed to pass inspection. Is there a common place that I should look for a short? I used a voltmeter to test the voltage in the socket and was only getting 1.5 volts. The right side has 12 volts. Thanks
  12. ignition help

Gotta love curve balls... When I started to take the ignition area panels off, I got into this mess. Can anybody reconstruct a probable history here? I'd this wiring mess likely to be accentuating the problem? Additionally, when I shut the ignition off, many of the gauges such as the...
  13. ignition help

Hi all, I have a '93 Ranger, 4l 4x4. Sometimes it runs wonderfully with lots of power and acceleration. Sometimes it is a little sluggish. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. However, I just pulled codes and got some ignition faults: 226 (O) Ignition Diagnostic Monitor...
  14. another tranny question...

Also, these are the pieces from the transmission rebuild kit I can't seem to find a home for. Could someone help me identify? Might some of them possibly before transfer case? Thanks!
  15. another tranny question...

Okay... The marble bearing gets pressed down into the fifth/rev shifter. It can be inserted through the hole at the top and it will go into a spring into the bottom. I used a punch to push it down while it was sliding it onto the rail. There are three notches in the rail at the bottom which...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad