• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Teddlet

1. Outer tie rod bolt spinning when installing the castle nut

Howdy, I replaced the inner tie rod on my 2004 4x4 4.0L tonight and was planning on reusing the outer tie rod end, but when I go to put the castle nut on, the bolt that goes up into the ball joint starts to spin when the nut reaches the pin hole. Am I missing something or do I just need...
  2. Clutch won't engage & I'm positive I've bleed it correctly (no really!)

Howdy, I've got a 2004 4x4 Ranger with the 4.0L SOHC V6, M5od-R1HD Transmission with an electric T-Case and 323246 miles on it. I just installed a new to me M5od-R1HD with supposedly 77K on it, I got a new LUK self adjusting clutch kit and slave cylinder and put them on with it (tripple checked...
  3. M5od-r1hd Shifter issue

Howdy, I've got an M5od-R1HD on my bench that came to me with the shifter in gear, I've put the stick back on it and it won't come out of whatever gear its in. In most of the walkthroughs/videos about pulling & working on the transmission it says to be sure to stick it in neutral before you...
  4. M5od-R1HD guts fit in the housing of an M5od-R1

Howdy, So I pulled my transmission out (2004 4.0 SOHC 4x4) and took it to a shop to have it rebuilt and when they were pulling a bearing off managed to crack the housing. So now I'm on the hunt for a new M5od-R1HD housing which is proving elusive, there are several non-HD variants available...
  5. M50d-R1HD Upper Bolts

Howdy, So I'm pulling the transmission out of my 04 4.0 SOHC and I've read about "lowering" the transmission to gain access to the top bolts. How much lowering can I do before I damage stuff? Are we talking a couple inches or like a foot?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad