• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by superman22x

1. Starter spins, but no engagement. (96 4.0 OHV)

Background: This past winter, my flywheel warped so the starter would not engage and the starter was also replaced when the flywheel was replaced. Now: Last couple days, my truck has been making some funny noises when starting. Today, it was worse, so I crawled under the truck. Noticed on of...
  2. Help Finding the Right Bilstein 5100 Shocks?

I'm having some trouble finding the right Bilstein 5100s. Seems all the shock sites have only front shocks for 3"+ of lift. But they have one for the rear for 0-1" of lift: http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/F4-BE5-6216-H5-ranger.html Is it the same exact shock in the front? My...
  3. Removing leaf spring bushing center bolt

Anyone got any tips? I got the nut off, and couldn't get the bolt out from inside the eye of the spring. Thing is solid in there. Here's the biggest problem, I don't have any torches or impact hammers. I've got a small hammer and an angle grinder. I'm away at college, and unless I can...
  4. Porting E7 Heads

Thought I'd show you all what I am doing to my heads, and maybe you can give me some tips?... Making good progress on the head porting. About half way. I don't have long bits, so I can't get deep on the intake ports... And I should be getting gaskets tomorrow to compare...
  5. AOD, which headers?

So recently, I found out Tri-Y headers do not fit with the AOD. What would be the best route for me to go on headers now? I want to stay cheaper if possible, but stay away from my stock crown vic manifolds.
  6. Left turn signel not working while applying brakes?

My left turn signal doesn't work when I am applying the brakes. But other wise, it is just fine. When I hit the brakes, the blinker light on my dash for a left turn lights up about 50% of full brightness, and stays solid, until I let off the brakes. And when I have the brakes on, it will not...
  7. Shocks for a 2" leveled front end?

I need shocks all around, but my front shocks are too short since I installed my 2" coil spacers a couple months ago. I want to get bilstein shocks, but should I get 5100s all around, even though the rear is still stock height? Truck is a '96, 4.0L, reg cab.
  8. Header fitting?

I was offered this: From chitownracing.com Now, I wanted to see what you thought about the offer. He says it comes with the computer and all. Pretty much everything I would need to drop it in except some small parts. The thing is though, would those headers even fit in the Ranger engine...
  9. 300hp + Manual Tranny

300hp + a Manual, that's my goal for my swap. What would be the best way to go? 5.0 HO makes around 300 doesn't it? Or would a 351 be better? I was told engines from teh F series trucks have big intakes that wouldn't fit under the Ranger hood. Is it the same with the E-series vans? I was...
  10. New kid in town

Hey, I have always lurked around here a bit, haha, and read the tech articles. But this is my first time actually posting, lol. I am a member at RPS, and I think some of the same members there are here, but I thought I would stop in and say hi anyway. My truck, 96' regular cab, 4.0L auto...
  11. Help with 302 '96 swap, EFi vs Carb

I am trying to do a low budget swap in my truck. I currently have a 4.0L 96 ranger, and I want to go with a 302, and convert to a manual tranny. I already have the 8.8"rear-end, so I am good there. I posted on chitownracing looking for an engine in my area, and have two offers already. One...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad