• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by SpunkyPrep

1. 351w w/zf?

Yeah, spent the last two days taking the carb apart, cleaning it as best I could in a impromptu way. I have a video of one side working, the other being dry but I can't upload it. Something major has clogged the majority of the passages, the accelerator pump does nothing, the secondaries...
  2. 351w w/zf?

Honestly, that's exactly what ended up being the issue. They were trying to use stock Ranger starters, twice. A mustang starter once. Finally got a F150 starter, he cranks up perfect every time now. However... Now I have a fuel/ignition issue. Cylinders 2, 3, 5, and 8 don't seem to be...
  3. 351w w/zf?

Honestly, i think one of those is what the trans shop ended up getting? Yes, I did look for the separator plate when I was there. Present and accounted for. Good shape-ish. Could definitely stand being replaced, but the majority of it was in good condition from what I saw. The guy had also...
  4. 351w w/zf?

Alright, update to the situation. We ended up going with a M5OD-R2. Mainly due to necessity. the ZF would never have fit. Probably was a better option, but i had to go with the Mazda tranny due to availability constraints. Driveshaft work required no modification. Transmission crossmember...
  5. 99+ m5r2 starter questions

Huh. Bad starter? I've got a 351w from a 1997 F250 mated to a M5R2 out of a, i believe, 1996 F150. Flywheel should be same as motor. ended up using a shifter and shifter stub out of a 1998 F150, M5R1 trans. Works, so not knocking it. Problem we're having is starters. There is a separator...
  6. 351w w/zf?

Yeah, it's a stock 351w out of a 97 F250, had to swap that in when I spun a beating on the old motor. Like others have said, the zf would work with a lot of modification, but holy crap I didn't know they were that big
  7. 351w w/zf?

Not sure, I have seen where guys do a body lift and make the ZF work, probably just opening up the tunnel to make it happen
  8. 351w w/zf?

I thought the T5 was good to go as well. I'll get some more info on what the deal was there Monday. They're out for the weekend.
  9. 351w w/zf?

To be honest, I don't know. I got the T5 specifically because I was kinda betting it would work. I see a lot of guys that do 351w swaps for their mustangs and have no issues, so I thought it would be fine. The shop didn't give me an explanation, and I live about two hours away from it so I...
  10. 351w w/zf?

Been a long time since I posted. I've got a 1986 Ranger with a 351w swap. Triangulated 4-link, minispool, and had a c4. The c4 crapped out, cracked casing and sheered gears. We've got it in the shop right now, and they're having a heck of a time. I bought a Mustang T5, they said it wouldn't...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad