• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by SpeedNinja

1. SpeedNinja

1998 won't start

I picked up a salvage title 1998 (in signature) mostly for parts. I'd like to get it running now. PO didn't speak much English, but was going to sell it to family in Guatemala or something. They said it may have a bad fuel pump (only about 88K on the truck). It looks like it may have had an...
  2. SpeedNinja

bed rail covers

My 2001 has those 2-3" tall ridiculous looking factory rail covers on it. It also has the original Ford bedliner and tailgate cover. I want to put the typical style rail covers on it, but I need the material to be about as thick as the OE Ford bedliner. I can find Ford rail covers, but they're...
  3. SpeedNinja

P0401 (EGR Flow Insufficient)

I've been chasing several issues on this truck for a while now. (Bank 1 Lean started it, replaced a lot doing that.) The most recent are the P0401 (EGR Flow Insufficient) code and the truck having a high engine speed between gears or after giving it gas while sitting static. We just replaced...
  4. SpeedNinja

Any color you want, as long as it's black.

Well, the body work is finally done from the infamous "Kung Pao Maxima Incident of 2010". So is the bonus b-day body work for the rest of the truck. I found a couple runs, but the guy said to bring it back if I found anything like that. I almost don't recognize the truck. It had a ton of...
  5. SpeedNinja

Doing the plugs and wires

I've had them around for a while now, but I'll be putting them in soon... hopefully this weekend. I just gapped the plugs at 0.044" tonight (Autolite XP Iridium). I've also got Bosch wires, and I'll do the PCV while I'm in there. I'll try to get it done by unbolting the throttle body and...
  6. SpeedNinja

SpeedNinja's 2000 dd mods/projects

I've done a few things... Explorer center console (will eventually do the OHC) Redline Goods armrest cover & shift boot (black leather, black stitching) painting interior pieces (in progress) 2005 Explorer wheels with 1" adapters replaced carpet with rubber floor mat DupliColor bed liner Euro...
  7. SpeedNinja

Stock suspension issues

Ok, this has been bothering me for a while. I'd like to get some ideas from you guys before I tear into it again (when I get a chance) because I haven't been able to figure it out. I do know the truck hit something... pretty hard too... before I owned it. Grill and header panel were cracked...
  8. SpeedNinja

Brake problems

I've got a few problems with the truck... mostly in the right front. I think a few of them are with the brakes, but I wanted to bounce some ideas off y'all before I take the truck apart so I can get it back together quicker. I can't afford a lot of downtime. Here's some of its quirks... - bad...
  9. SpeedNinja

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. You can see what I've got in my sig. My brother followed suit and picked up a Ranger when he totaled his Focus wagon (a car I also used to have). I've also got a 1984 SVO that's darn near original and I just plan to restore it (no "factory mods"). I got my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad