• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by shorangerbird

1. shorangerbird

'89 2.9l sems to run rich, wont idle...

May have found a little something today....the 4-way metal vacuume tee screwed in on the left side of the intake, the one where the FPR vacuum line attaches, it had one open tab and fuel was coming out fairly quick. If I plugged it off, the engine smoothed out, but does that mean that my FPR...
  2. shorangerbird

'89 2.9l sems to run rich, wont idle...

-my '89 has got to the point of running like crap. in the spring I put a new temp sensor and did plugs/wires/cap/rotor button. New gas filter just over a year ago. All seemed fine for a while. my son drove it for a couple weeks while his F150 was in the shop. now, you start it up, it runs...
  3. shorangerbird

Anyone know of a stillen body kit still around?

Last word Mrblaze256 . I stated this kit will NOT work on a '90 model truck, and it will not, without! alot more work that buying the correct year truck would cost. Unless you do a hack job, making '88 things fit a '89/ or vice-versa is not worth it, YOU are the one who stated, oh yeah, it...
  4. shorangerbird

-shipping for an entire GT kit , less rear bumper cover, I sold about 5 yrs ago was just over $450.
  5. shorangerbird

-You gonna make that front grill piece work with a '90 front end? both will bolt on, per se, but nothing as far as brackets and such will let you mount the bumper, grill or lighting.
  6. shorangerbird

Found! Early-Design Front Sway Bar (1st Gen Ranger)

The pegs are the turning stops.
  7. shorangerbird

-front end stuff wont work on '90.....
  8. shorangerbird

dual gas tank ranger? is it rare?

-And a little side note on dual tanks......I TRIED to get them to put dual tanks on my '88 GT I ordered. The guy at the dealership where I ordered it was a family friend. He said, idk, but we'll try.... I saw the order form, he put it on there, but 2-3 weeks later when we were in, he told me...
  9. shorangerbird

For Sale 1989 Ford Ranger 2.9 XLT

THIS is your door data label. bottom left corner under the letters WB give you your wheel base. If you want to know if its a long or short bed for sure, get a tape measure. short=6ft or 72 inches. long = 7ft or 84 inches. Simple.
  10. shorangerbird

For Sale 1989 Ford Ranger 2.9 XLT

Rimjam is correct. you will find no supercabs with 7 ft beds......unless someone grafted one on. Rangers were made in three wheelbases: 108/114/125 shortbeds 108. longbeds 114. supercabs with a shortbed 125
  11. shorangerbird

Fine, fine 2.9l.......

So, my '89 S/C with a 2.9 auto. It's not a everyday driver. It sits alot until I or my son needs to haul something. It fires off fine, smooth, no noises. just a normal 2.9. But after it warms up and runs awhile, say 5-10 miles, once you come to a stop, it clatters like a diesel. lifters/valve...
  12. shorangerbird

1990 Ranger 2.3 Manual Transmission Bell Housing Bolts

The replacement Ford # is N811360S439 no size given....
  13. shorangerbird

10" Drum Brakes Wheel Cylinder Link Pins?

B7A 2042-A before 1995 F57Z 2042-AA 1995/
  14. shorangerbird

GT/STX light switches

Yes. That is correct for "88 and before....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad