• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by sbsrlewis

1. sbsrlewis

Special tools needed for 4.0 SOHC timing

Anyone have the tooling needed to do the timing chain on a 06 4.0 SOHC for sale or rent? Prefer to rent if possible. Steve
  2. sbsrlewis

Adding additional mount to support doubler

So looking to add an additional mount to support my doubler. The rear transfer case is a manual 1354 and it has the bosses for the big rubber donut (guess it's for vibration). Do you think those bosses would work if I added a plate off them to attach a mount then build a crossmember to attach...
  3. sbsrlewis

where to buy "domed" washers

Looking for "domed" washers like they put on beadlock bolts. Wanting to get some in a larger size to put on various bolt heads on the bottom side of my BII to protect them. Anyone know where I might find some? Steve
  4. sbsrlewis

Offical Knife discussion/picture thread

I have a Benchmade Mel Pardue 5500 Auto. Love it! Steve
  5. sbsrlewis

Boxing BII frame hints or advise

I have a spare BII frame that I want to box and wanted to see if anyone had any hints or advise. I will say I don't know how to weld so a friend will be handling that part for me but I will be cutting the material and getting everything ready. I have read enough to know not to end the pieces...
  6. sbsrlewis

Clayton, OK 6-7 October

Sam's OffRoad is having their annual customer appreciation run October 6-7 at Clayton, OK. They are only registering the 1st 75 trucks so get signed up if you would like to wheel South East Oklahoma!! The event is held at 2 different private property parks. One is for any 4x4 and the other is...
  7. sbsrlewis

RABS light 89 BII

I have removed the RABS module and am now running rear disks. The ABS light on the dash is now on and I would like it off. Does anyone know which fuse is for the ABS? I looked in the operators manual but didn't see one. It did show a relay for it but when I removed it the light remained...
  8. sbsrlewis

Favorite guns to shoot?

My son's M-4 Airsoft is a BLAST!! It's got the actual weight and feel of a real M-4. I can step out in the back yard and plunk with it or put it on full auto and really have some fun!! Steve
  9. sbsrlewis

Proportioning Valve ??

Do a 1989 BII have a Proportioning Valve? If so, where is it? Picture of it? Steve
  10. sbsrlewis

Master cylinder ?

I'm hoping I can get some guidance on my brake. Here's a brief histor that since the issue started. Last fall I bought and installed Dana 35 beams with Dana 44 Outers on my 89 BII. During the install I replaced the rotors, calipers and pads with new ones. After the install the brake pedal...
  11. sbsrlewis

Pics of my 1/2 door project

Here's a couple of teaser photos of the 1/2 doors I'm working on. The tubing you see in the doors is what I'm going to fit into the window channel to give them a more finished look. I'm going to use of metal to close the top of the door also. Once I get all the welding done I will post...
  12. sbsrlewis

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

I currently carry a Kimber Tactical .45 (just like the one in the picture on page 1). Little story as to how I ended up with it....my cousin had just got back on the PD and his Sgt. found out he was carrying the Kimber off-duty. He was informed that he should carry the same weapon type...
  13. sbsrlewis

New Bronco from ICON

Go to http://www.icon4x4.com/overview/coming-soon and look at the VERY EXPENSIVE Bronco coming soon!!! DAMN my pants are tight! Wish I had money for something like this. Steve
  14. sbsrlewis

HELP with locking hubs

I just put the dana 35 beams with 44 outers on my bronco II and when I installed the lock out hubs I spun the axles and they are not disengaging. Please tell me what I did wrong?? I bought the beams from 97TrailRigDD and it came with everything but the 3rd member. The lock outs are Selectro...
  15. sbsrlewis

Pics of installed ranger tailgate on my BII

Well here are the 1st pictures of my install. This install started out by 1st trimming roughly 3/16" off each side of the tailgate so it would fit. Next I took the latch pins off and installed the pins that the tailgate cables attach to into their holes. I then clipped the cables on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad