• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ryan2022

1. Help! 4x4 issue, have to make judgment call in 3 hours

Hi guys, I'm dealing with an issue in 4X4 and trying to figure out if I should buy this Ranger at a dealer. I'd like to get out from under this deal this afternoon, and am having trouble with the Truck that I'll be selling. I can't in good conscious sell this truck without properly working...
  2. 2005 Ranger bucking under load in 4X4

Hi guys, I popped my truck into 4x4 down a gravel road and gave it a bit of gas up a moderate hill. The truck seems like it was bucking, almost like a nasty misfire, but it wasn't an engine issue. It was smooth is 2WD. I did it again on dry pavement and it bucked again. Anyone had this...
  3. Very wired issue after timing chain tensioner install

Ok, and by wired....I meant weird I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this before. My truck had a very mild noise at 2500 rpm. It wasn't so much as a rattle, could have been an exhaust leak even. It's got roughly 85k miles on it. I replaced the timing chain tensioners, and then bam...
  4. Does this sound like an alternator?

Hi guys, I did a bunch of short trips around town today. I have an '05 Ranger with 80k miles or so. The last three times I started it, it was more and more reluctant to turn over. The final time it just conked out and wouldn't start. I got it boosted, and drove it almost all the way home and...
  5. 2005 ABS sensor diagnostic with ohm meter?

Hi guys, I checked all three of my sensors, and the front right read very close to open, or full resistance. Anyone familiar enough with ABS to tell me if this ones bad.....I would think yes, but its a pricey one and I don't want to guess. The others has a steady reading in the 3.5k range if...
  6. 98+ diy ABS diagnostics? any tips?

Hi guys, Unless I'm not goolgling or searching with the right wording, I can't find anything with a technique for troubleshooting the newer ABS systems. I have a light on, and its driving me nuts. I cleaned the rear sensor on the diff, but will be pulling it to test it with a meter. Is...
  7. 2005 Ranger 4.0 5 speed shifting problem

Hi guys, I know this has been covered and have read a pile of posts. I'm looking for help from someone who has gone down this road and may have a suggestion. I just bought this Ranger, and have a really tough time getting it into gear. (any gear) Once I'm rolling it isn't bad, although is...
  8. 2005 fx4 level II center caps

Hi guys, I just bought a 2005 Ranger FX4 L2 and am looking at replacing a center cap. These aren't the Alcoa rims, but the aluminum spoked type. Any idea where to source these? other than the dealer? I actually don't have the truck at the house yet, but was looking at ordering one. Thanks...
  9. Limited slip in the snow...help...or harm?

Hi guys, I'm looking at another Ranger...well, my first was a B4000. Because I'm on the fence if I really need 4x4 if I end up not taking it out with the local 4x4 club, I'm wondering about a 2wd with a lsd and a manual transmission. I drove a 4.0 with a stick years ago and had a blast. Who...
  10. B4000 weird symptom. reverse doenst engage when cold.

Hi guys, My Auto trans 2001 B4000 doesn't engage reverse when its cold the odd time in the morning. Once its run for a few seconds, or I put it in drive then back to reverse its fine, and shifts perfectly after that. Its really smooth and solid on the highway, its the only issue. Is...
  11. B4000 Auto trans reliability

Hey guys, Just wondering about the transmissions on the B4000. After the spark plug fiasco, I found out through the mechanic, that the leakdown test showed some bad compression in 3 out of the 6 cyliders. 3500 later, the truck has a low mileage engine being installed. :annoyed: I really...
  12. 4.0 drivers rear spark plug angle. Scared!

Hi guys, Just changed 4 out of 6 of the plugs on my B4000. I cant get to the back two passenger plugs until I can jack it up. I noticed the rear drivers plug went in well 3 or 4 turns by hand then tightened up. I took it out and did it again, but same thing. The boot is on a different...
  13. 4.0 Typical gas mileage or in need of a tune?

Hi folks, I'm doing some commuting right now for work. I like my truck, but I'm thinking of selling it, if my mpgs are normal. Its a 4 litre 2WD Mazda, everything is stock, Automatice, and I run 235-75-15 General AT2's. Nothing out of the ordinary. I did some math, and I got 380 km...
  14. Oil pressure gauge shows zero! Only on really cold mornings.

Hi guys, I have a Mazda B4000 (2001) The truck has roughly 80K miles on it, and runs great. I have no issues with oil pressure once its warmed up, or even when its cold, OR when its cold after a run earlier in the day. When I'm starting it for the first time of the day, and its bloody...
  15. 1998 Mazda B4000 Factory two tone sticker removal?

Hi guys, this is my first post. Ive found a really nice, clean Mazda B4000 with low miles. I like the truck, and dont mind the green, but its the brown two tone that I don't like a whole lot. To me it looks like a sticker, up around the wheel wells, and I was wondering if any of you have...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad