• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Ray V

1. Looking for advice on fast idle issue - ignition advance issue

I will check the PCV valve. I don't have anything to lose except some time. The vehicle is pretty well maintained. I replaced the coil myself last year. The main reason that I worked on the car was because it was leaking oil into the spark plug wells on #2 & #3 cylinders, and my friend asked...
  2. Looking for advice on fast idle issue - ignition advance issue

Hello, I am looking for advice on repairing a friend's 2003 B2300. The engine is not idling properly. When the throttle is let off, the engine idle does not drop smoothly down to 800-900 rpm. The idle drops to at around 1300, stays there for a few seconds, and then falls to around 900 rpm. There...
  3. 2003 2.3L High Idle

Did anyone find a solution for your problems? I am helping a friend with his 2003 B2300 with similar problems. The vehicle has both an ECT and CHT sensors, and there is contrary information on the net about this. I measured the ECT and got a reading of around 2.2K at room temp. I thought...
  4. Looking for help diagnosing a '93 stalling 3.0 engine

Hello, all. I'm looking for help in diagnosing a friends '93 3.0 that stalls immediately after starting. He just ordered a service manual off the internet but won't have it for a week (I am in Hawaii). I thought I might get lucky asking the forum members. Background: 1) MAF is disconnected...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad