• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RangerCamp

1. Cam synchronizer emergency!

My truck is a 96 4.0L Ranger. The dreaded chirp/squeak finally started last week so I ordered a new camshaft synchronizer from RockAuto and brought it to my regular mechanic, who will put on parts I supply (locally any parts are outrageously priced.) Big problem though, he says they tried...
  2. Rotational drivetrain noise & clunk

Hi, I wonder if anyone has any clues to what might be happening to my truck (96 Ranger 4x4 xcab, auto, electric BW1354). Sometimes, seemingly randomly, usually while accelerating though, suddenly a ratcheting/whirring type sound starts up. Sounds like it is coming from the transmission tunnel...
  3. Taken for a ride? Steering issues

Hi there, thanks in advance for any input. Recently my 96 Ranger 4x4 supercab started making a clicking/popping noise when turning at slow speeds, like in a parking lot. Sounded like it was coming from the front left tire area. Then yesterday the steering wheel wouldn't easily return to center...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad