• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ranger_steve

1. ranger_steve

"The unnamed" 07 FX4 future SAS

Doing some more work on the emblems today, just have to get the LEDs to sit flat in behind the emblem. This is just a teaser pic, when its on the truck there should be no light leaking around the edge.
  2. ranger_steve

Little update here, Picked up some stuff from a 95 explorer that was being parted out on Friday. The main things that I wanted were the front driveshaft and rear axle (with discs) and the leafs of course! When I got there i took a peek inside, limited trim fully loaded. So I grabbed the...
  3. ranger_steve

Update as of march 28, 2015 I picked up some Goodyear wrangler duratracs back before Christmas in 265/75r16 for just over 800 bucks I also sold the rear d44 for 500$ so I've got 0 doll hairs into the axle at the moment, as for the abs situation I'm going to use my ranger hub assemblies and...
  4. ranger_steve

Abs tone ring tooth count

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what the tooth count is on the front tone rings of my 07 is (presumably all 98+ w/ front abs). I couldn't find any numbers, although I did find a writeup on replacing the tone ring on an escape, with a part number. Can someone confirm rangers use the same...
  5. ranger_steve

I bought this truck back in August of this year when my girlfriend and I moved from pei to Alberta, Canada. She's a 2007 FX4 off road with 200k kms, Interior was immaculate, paint has seen better days but hey it was a good deal. I picked up (basically stole) a d30 and d35 from a guy for...
  6. ranger_steve

The Green Machine Build

Got everything back together about a month ago, took it to get aligned and srove it for a week then noticed my camber was off again. Took it back for them to check and they found the top ball joints were sloppy in the superlift adjustable bushings. Got 2° bushings in now hopefully they'll be...
  7. ranger_steve

The Green Machine Build

Got my passenger side beam in the other day along with my washers under the coils. Still waiting on bearings to get my front diff set up and then put the driver side beam in. Got the new axle seals in and support bearing and also cleaned and rubber sprayed the case of the 3rd member. Then...
  8. ranger_steve

The Green Machine Build

Here's my project, we had to mount or install everything, drill all the holes for lights/switches/wires and wire it all. The only part we didn't do was mount the cabinet to the wall. And inside, plc (programmable logic controller) is in the middle with the group of blue wires going to it...
  9. ranger_steve

The Green Machine Build

I've been sick all week so dad helped out a bit by chopping up the stud on the driver side and the pinch bolts for the ball joints. I got the driver side beam dropped today. I just had to undo the tie rod from the passenger side knuckle, then swing it out of the way, stuck the breaker bar on...
  10. ranger_steve

Hub slop?

I didn't take pics of the hubs but they look fine and the splines on the axles look fine too! I'll check diagrams tomorrow for the innards and stuff but here's what I've got C clip, splined washer, washer with triangular shapes around it, plastic shims, spindle nut and outer wheel bearing Sent...
  11. ranger_steve

Hub slop?

I was under the truck yesterday playing with my front driveshaft finding out what the funny noise I heard was and I noticed as I turn the shaft with the front hubs locked that the axle shafts turn about 1/4 or 1/2 turn before actually locking in the hub. Im tearing the whole front suspension...
  12. ranger_steve

The Green Machine Build

Well today is a snow day so I figured I'd do something productive like start my build thread. A bit of history, I'm a 19 year old electrical apprentice, I like screwing around with wires (duh) and anything mechanical. Both of my grandfathers were ford guys so I got the bug when I was young...
  13. ranger_steve

Body lift install, tranny cooler lines

Just starting to lift my truck after replacing my rad support earlier this week :icon_welder:, got everything in the instructions covered for prep. Instructions for the kit dont mention anything about tranny cooler lines. The hard lines coming from the rad are hitting the bottom of the fan...
  14. ranger_steve

Polished deer hoofs

Just finished stripping, sanding and polishing one of my deer hoof rims off of my 93. Its winter so I figured I'd take a swing at making them look nice for the summer :D Also painted the first of my center caps to match the truck because the chrome was peeling off. I couldn't find anything on...
  15. ranger_steve

Advice for a noob?

hey guys, im buying a ranger this summer and im looking into lift kits and all that jazz. The ranger i'm looking at is a '99 4x4 xlt. I'm trying to figure out the cheapest and most hands on way for me to do a lift big enough for 35's. Any prices would be greatly apreciated! I have access to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad