• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Ranger83

1. Drive Shaft Is Too Long

I just bolted up my new tranny to the block. My drive shaft is extendable. I've made it as short as I can but it is too long. There is a nut on top of the differential where the drive shaft bolts to it with 4 bolts. This bolt is what is catching my drive shaft. I only need about a centimeter...
  2. Torque Converter and Gasket Questions

I am swapping trannys in my '83 ranger. What seals or gaskets should I replace in the new tranny? Is there any general mantainence I should do besides replacing the filter and fluid? Also, when installing the torque converter, do I need to fill it with tranny fluid, or does it fill up when I...
  3. Removing Torque Converter

How do you get this off. I removed one bolt off the flywheel. I know I have to rotate the flywheel to get to the rest of the bolts but it refuses to move. How do I get it to turn? Do I have to take off all the belts to turn it?
  4. Some questions about installing a new trans

I'm swapping out the the tranny in my ranger with a c4. I have a c4 and and a 302 in it now. I'm just not sure how to hook up everything. I've got a question about the shifter on the tranny. This is the end of my shifter lever cable and this is the shifter levers on the new tranny It has...
  5. Will this tranny fit?

Hello, my 1983 ranger's tranny is shot. My friend is parting out his 1985 lincoln town car's transmission. It is a C4. My Ranger has a 302 in it now. Will the lincoln's tranny fit in my truck? thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad