• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Racenut

1. Alternator not charging

Alt is not charging. Took it out. Brought to parts store for test. Said tested good. I put it back n to do my own testing. I didn't find anything wrong. But still not charging. I did not get battery tested. But it starts up b2 just fine. Battery has 12.47 volts and only 11.something while...
  2. Freeze plug at end of head?

On the front of the head. What is it. A freeze plug or? Looks like I'm leaking coolent from there. It's an 86 2.9. And if so. What can b dun? Rad stop leak. Or what? Thanks
  3. D28 outter bearing nuts.

This is on an 86 b2 d28. I was rotating my tires. And I felt some play on my pass front tire. So I look at the bearings and whatnot. The outter nut is loose. And in inner bearing nut was loose. Not haveing the wright tool to tighten them. I got a screw driver and hammer. I didnt go crazy...
  4. AC pressure too high

This is on a 86 b2 with a 2.9. Trying to fix the AC. The compressor went out in it last year. Got a new dryer, orifice tube, and a remanned compressor. Put all on today. Pulled a vacuum, put one can of 134 in. Compressor started to cycle, but pressure is showing too high when compressor is not...
  5. Transfer Case oil

I am about to put my b2 back together. Was doing a clutch. I drained my trans and Transfer Case. What fluid to put back n them? Gear oil? I have the BW 1350 t case. And the FM 145 trans. Thanks
  6. Clutch line

I was droping my trans n t case this past weekend. And the clutch line was hard to get loose. I havethe FM 145 trans with the pin or clip holding the clutch line on. When I am gona put the trans back n. How to install the line n pin? THANKS
  7. trans and transfer case

I need to replace the slave sylinder on my 87 b2 4x4. When droping the trans. Do i leave the transfer case bolted up to trans or take them out n 2 pices? And yes I will b replaceing the clutch at the same time. AND a Q. A new flywheel is $56. How much to resurface the old one? Thanks
  8. B3000 rims

I know that the newer ranger and Mazda trucks are basically the same truck. But I will ask this anyway. Will the rims from a 2004 b3000 fit on my b2 4x4. Yes I'm sure it will n the back. But how about the front? Manual hubs
  9. Fuel tank vent

Anyone have a fuel tank for a b2 that they can get to. And measure the vent hole size? The small hole behind the fuel pump hole. My vent(or whatever it is) is just sitting n the hole. Leaking fuel at a full tank.
  10. Fan Clutch

Im gona replace my water pump. How do u take off the Fan Clutch? I guess its a ccw thread? What r some tools, tips for doing this. How do u hold the water pump pully still? Thanks
  11. battery light

So driving home today. I see my battery light on. So when I got home. I did the dissconnect the battery while running thing. She keep on running. I took out the volt meter. I have 12v at battery. I have 14v to 15v at idle. But at a lil high in the rpms. I have like 17v. So voltage reg bad? I...
  12. Rear sag

Ok, my b2 has some rear sag. Yes I know about the explorer rear springs. But I was just gona do ether a 1" block or lift shackle. My Q at the lift shackle is. The top bolt, or the one on the rear of the spring that connects it to the frame. Is the nut welded to the back side? I dont c a way to...
  13. B2 rear sag

OK I know that u can use explorer rear leaf springs to fix the sag n a b2. But how about some lift shackles? There r some on ebay for a ranger of the same year as my b2. I am guessing it will fit? Says can do 1" or 2" lift. And yes there is blocks. Not looking to lift the whole thing. Just fix...
  14. Refrigerant

how much R-134a Refrigerant does an 87 b2 hold/need?
  15. knock sensor

Where is it. And what does it do? I got a code 25. Knock not sensed during dynamic response test. Can it b tested? Do I need it? And if its bad. Can it make my 2.9 run bad?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad