• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Quill

1. Center Console

My 88 BII doesn't have one. I would like to stuff one in there. I like having some sort of arm rest and although the cup holders weren't great but serviceable. So where can I get one to fit in there. Don't want a real expensive one. I suppose I could fab an ammo box.
  2. 88 Bronco II

I have owned a Bronco II before and 5 Rangers. So when I was offered this one, I couldn't pass it up. Needs work but what doesn't and the price was right. Sorry to disappoint you but this is going to be heavily modified, but a daily driver that doesn't suck my wallet dry.:icon_cheers:
  3. Transmission Additive

They replaced the transmission on my 99 Ranger automatic with one from a salvage yard. I bought this truck with a bad tranny, replaced with a used one and had to warranty it within a month because it crapped out. It's been a long time since I had an automatic. This one just seems slow. I called...
  4. Torque Conveter

I am finally putting another transmission in my 99 Ranger. I have the torque converter seated correctly, but I can't seem to get the studs on the converter to poke through the fly wheel. They are in line, but with the pin bolts tightened in the bell housing there is barely enough stud poking...
  5. No Shifting

I bought a 99 Ranger for cheap. 114k on the odometer. The story behind it is this, a parent gave the truck to his teenage son who got it stuck within 2months of owning it. He ruined the engine. He then traded it to another guy about 21 who put an engine in the truck. Only 50k on the used motor...
  6. European 2.9

What did they do different to get the extra ponies out of the stock 2.9? Was it the different injection system? I have read they were 150-160hp.
  7. Hard Start

The 89 Ranger I bought is hard starting. You can only do short bursts with the starter to start it. If you try to keep cranking you will just run down the battery and eventually ruin the starter. There are no codes showing. The previous owner gave up on it. He put a lot of parts in it including...
  8. Ecu

Where can I find one for my 89 Ranger? It's a E9TF-12A650-G1A. Nobody seems to sell it. I found one from a local salvage, but $75 with no guarantee. Hate to flush money down the drain. Thanks. I messed this up, it is really a 2.9.
  9. Electrical problem

Hey everyone, my 87 Ranger is not getting power to the fuel pump. The pump is good but no voltage to it. The inertia switch has been bypassed so it is not a problem. I checked the fuel relay up by the solenoid at it is fine. When the key turns on it clicks the relay. I tested it at the auto...
  10. 91 trans conversion

I have my eye on a 91 Ranger to replace my 87. The 91s 5th gear is gone. This has the automatic 4x4. The fellow will include another trans with a manual transfer case. He says it is a fairly simple install. My question is there a problem with the front automatic hubs. Will they cause a problem...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad