• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by pettyeod

1. Ranger v8 swap and explorer questions

Also, Gt40 heads on 289, 450cfm, 550, 600cfm 4 barrel?
  2. Ranger v8 swap and explorer questions

One more question. Pushrod length. With the 289 with gt40p heads the pushrods will be longer since I went from a roller motor to hydraulic flat tappet. Summit recommended COMP Cams 7831-16 High Energy 6.881" Long, 5/16" Diameter Pushrod Set I put them in and no wiggle when no load but seems like...
  3. Ranger v8 swap and explorer questions

Thanks for the help! I kept the explorer exhaust manifolds and they cleaned up well, will do ok for now. I have a plan for the rear-end of the truck, more rubber and tighter suspension for starters. As for the roller, I already got a new cam and lifters and timing chain/gear set. As for...
  4. Ranger v8 swap and explorer questions

have; 94 ranger with 4cyl. A 66' 289 with great rotating assembly with flat top with double valve relief pistons, gt40p assembled heads that came right off an explorer, Cam and Lifters, Hydraulic Flat Tappet, Advertised Duration 280/289, Lift .449/.473, the stock explorer exhaust manifolds, and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad