• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Pavoner

1. Power steering problems

I am having a problem with the power steering on my '97 ranger (4.0L). About a month a go I thought I may have got a bit of water in the reservoir while washing and decided to change the fluid right away before even running the truck just in case... only problem is I used Power steering fluid...
  2. Front Axle Stub Shaft removal.

It looks like I will be replacing U-Joints on the front axle on my, 1997 Ford Ranger (think it's a Dana 35...) 4.0L, Auto (5R55E), extended cab. The right front (outboard) seems to of developed a lot of play in the last 4 months (last time I checked them...). I haven't had a chance to get...
  3. I Love My Ranger, Hate The Tranny!

I have a '97 ranger 4X4, 4.0L, Auto (BOOOOO!). When I begin accelerating from a stop I fell a thud about 2 seconds after starting to move, and another 1-2seconds later. I should note that even uphill, this seems to only happen after the driveline is loaded up (truck is actually moving...but...
  4. Wheel bearings or Ball Joints?

I was swappin tires on my LF today and found a little bit of play when doing the "test" that Chilton specifies for checking ball joints. However if you ask me it looked like the mvmnt was in the wheel bearings and not the ball joints... If so I have very little experience installing/ adjusting...
  5. Need to find new tires for "resonable" price...

I have been trying to find some tires to replace my, worn out Cooper Discoverer 31X10.5x15. I saw a tire I liked by for a decent price however they did not make the imperial size I need or the metric size listed on my door post sticker(lt265/75/R15). The trouble seems to be finding tires this...
  6. Alternator or Battery?

I have a 1994 4.0 L 4x4 ranger. I have been having some electrical problems of late. First of all at high iddle(1500 rpm) my voltmeter(on dash) shows about 14v. That looks good to me, but once the engine warms and the iddle switches to 800-1000 rpm I show approx 11-12v the lights dim etc. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad