• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Nate_DNR

1. 2008 FX4 Disc Swap

Ok so I've been looking at the rear disc brake swap using cobra hardware. But from what I'm seeing it wont work for my 08 FX4. http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/ford_ranger_rear_disc_brake_conversion.shtml This modification only works on the Ford 7.5-inch and 28-spline 8.8-inch...
  2. Dome Light, no ajar dash light

I had my dome light stay on in my 1996 xlt so I replaced the door pins which were sticky and gummed up. The dome light is still on with no ajar light on the dash, what else could be causing the light to stay on? I searched the archives and couldn't find anything else really besides the door...
  3. 2.5L Missfire

Hello All, I've got a 2000 Ranger 2wd with the 2.5L in it. I've had the truck for about 2 months now and noticed the truck ran a little rough so I changed the plugs and plug wires about 3 days ago after noticing they were factory. Truck ran better and idled smoother. Last night after school...
  4. 4.9L carb mystery

Im helping my school maintance guy fix his bronco. Its 76-78 ford bronco with a 300 inline. What modle motorcraft carb does it have? i looked for the plate usually mounted to cab to check the numbers but its missing, but im sure its orginal and needs rebuild. Any ideas for best kit and where to...
  5. Will full size bronco seats fit?

Hi, over this summer I have been helping my buddy fix his 1987 fulsize bronco. We have been swapping parts off an 86 (mostly interior). The one thing that he didnt use is the bucket seats. I have been recently looking into getting bucket seat for my 1998 xlt ranger, but cant afford the $365 per...
  6. Polyurethane? High beam HID lights?

So I just grabbed a new issue of Off-Road and saw an article about polyurethane fenders. Have any of you guys used them? Are they worth it? And how do you guys think they will hold up in cold weather? Here where i live in alaska it can get as cold as -20. And do they make, or can you take the...
  7. Programers and Chips Vs. Exhaust and Intake

Ive noticed a bunch of conflict on this subject..I have a 1998 ford ranger with a 4.0. I want just a little more power and torque. I'm not looking for a top end beast if anything i want more low end power. I work at a sawmill in the summer and pull trailers of lumber so i need more low end not...
  8. 4.0 programmers

I own a 1998 ford ranger 4.0 6cyliner xlt. I have been interested in getting a programer for my truck but dont know which one to get. I would like that saves stock settings so i can use it and not void my warranty. but of course im also looking for some power and torque increase. I have looked...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad