• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mplummer08

1. mplummer08

93 Explorer to 90 BII

Today I'm working on a pos Freestar my mother in law gave us, bad torque converter [emoji25]. But I did grab a 93 Explorer Sport for parts, 4.0 swap! I'm wondering about some interior stuff swapping to the BII. First and foremost I'm taking the seats and center console. I am stuck however...
  2. mplummer08

Is my Dana 35 bad

I have never driven in 4wd in my B2 since I bought it with a shot A4LD. After rebuilding my tranny and going to install the front drive shaft I noticed what seemed to be excessive slop at the flange. I installed the drive shafts and while I had the rig on jack stands dropped it in 4wd. Then I...
  3. mplummer08

1990 BII Fuel Line Info

I just replaced the fuel lines in my BII from the pump to the filter. I had trouble finding all encompassing information, so I figured I would share my knowledge! However I'm terrible at stopping mid task to snap a pic, so yall get my post beer art. Enjoy! Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
  4. mplummer08

Rear planet wear

I am rebuilding my A4LD, and was wondering if the wear on my rear planet is nomal or if I need a new planet. In other news my high/reverse frictions were shot. Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
  5. mplummer08

A4LD Issues: Extremely weak reverse and no shift.

I have some issues with my 1990 B2 4x4 with the 2.9l and the A4LD. Here they are: Reverse - Very weak. There is a very slight lurch when put into gear, and the RPMs drop below 500 and sometimes stalls. In reverse I can hang my leg out and push with slight gas and moves decently, but still not...
  6. mplummer08

A4LD Filler Tube Stub

OK this thing has me confused way more than it probably should. I am installing an A4LD in my 90 BII that I did not pull out (long story). So the tranny is up and bolted in. The only thing left as far as I can tell is the filler tube. I for the life of me cannot press it into the transmission...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad