• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mp3sgt

1. 2024 Rear Lighting...not all LED?

I cannot tell for sure but looks like even up to the Lariat model has...HALOGEN amber rear and backup lights. Can anyone confirm? If so, a hell of a step backwards! Looks like the Raptor is full LED.
  2. Mice in cab, heads up 2019+ owners.

Guess I am lucky because a few young homeless cats have called the outside of my place home. They are quite the predators and spent a lot of time under my truck. Don't worry, I always scare them off when I start it. So there is your solution. Get some local predators!
  3. New Ranger, no defrost?

What I have found is that you will have to put the temp to max/hot either using the driver's side temp control or on the screen. I agree it is a problem but that may be a fix. I have not had this exact issue but do have times where the air is not moving. This seems to be when the temp is set...
  4. Discussion concerning 2021

So a review now above 3300 miles. Performance is better and I have figured out to turn off the basic traction control for good performance above 4000RPM (it seems to detect slip maybe in the transmission and gets aggressive at reducing power during full throttle). The transmission is still a...
  5. Ranger Values

I recently traded in my 2011. It was a 4.0L manual with 157k miles extended cab Sport (the highest back then). It was a reliable unit but aged. KBB in early 2020 listed that vehicle as about 3500k trade in at then 140k miles. By May of this year, it was UP to 6500k on KBB with 156k miles...
  6. Discussion concerning 2021

Funny thing is the traction control would cut fuel and light up during 50mph flooring of the accelerator. I feel no loss of traction but maybe it THINKS a loss may occur? Yes, I could easily turn off the basic wheel spin control portion of traction control by pressing the button next to the...
  7. Discussion concerning 2021

I have a 2021 Lariat 501A FX2 so 2WD black in color just over 500 miles. First, it is a significant upgrade in many things from my former 2011 Ranger. Technology, drivetrain, size, ground clearance, features, etc. First some good news. The previously mentioned method to use Forscan to turn...
  8. Getting into the new world of Ranger

So in a few hours, I will take delivery of a 2021 Lariat 2WD FX2. I will sadly watch as my 2011 Ranger 4.0L manual leaves on its way to get cleaned up and sold, hopefully to someone who needs it and will take care of it. As a bit of a eulogy, the 2011 has been very reliable with none of the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad