• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by montazch

1. Pulley Removal on a 4.0L OHV

Hello everyone. Great to be back here. I have a 92 Ranger with the 4.0L OHV and I need to remove the crankshaft pulley. The bolts to use in my new pulley removal kit are not long enough. Anyone have any suggestions to get this bugger removed? I'm thinking of going to Fastenal and paying for 50...
  2. Tallest Lift

Just curious. Who has the tallest lift on this forum and what all did you do to make it? I'm wanting to find some different approaches. I'm looking at 44s, with Dana 80's front and rear cut up. Linked suspensions with coils front and rear. I have no problems fabricating but I'm wondering what...
  3. Dana 80's

Thanks everyone. I was thinking of 4, maybe 5 or 6 link suspensions front and back. I know I'll need a basket in the middle of the boxed frame. Does anyone else have a better idea, or just shoot bigger springs and shocks at it? Thanks! :icon_welder:
  4. Dana 80's

It's overkill I know until you learn I'm wanting to run 44inch to 54inch tires under her. Monster truck status I know. I was wanting to know if anyone has had any luck with installing Dana 80s front and rear on a ranger? If so, do you have any hints or tricks to help me in my install? Thanks a...
  5. T-5 to BW 1354

Okay, I know. Advance Adapters used to make the adapter for this BUT I do not have the luxury of going back several years in time and getting this new. For my fellow Ranger brothers out here, please try to rack your brain and help me a bit. As from the title, I have a new mid-shift T-5(built...
  6. Wiring Harnesses?

1992 Ranger 4x4 Super Cab STX undergoing a seriously built 5.0L (it's actually a 331 stroker). I've been wiring for six months, off and on now and I have one remaining piece. Simple question, I hope. Should I spend the $ and get the Ford Racing Multiport EFI Wiring Harness M-12071-A50 or will...
  7. Hood Pins

Will anyone tell me what length hood pins I need to install on my 92 Ranger? I can go measure, but has anyone already done the homework? Thanks a bunch!
  8. Brake Fittings

Hello all. My vehicle is a 92 Ranger super cab 4x4 5.0L. I'm completely replacing the brake lines. I know for the most part the brake line fittings are 3/8ths, and I know from measurements that the fittings to the proportioning valve is an M12x1.0. Where in blazes can a guy get some of...
  9. 1992 Ranger 4.0L Brake Line Fittings

Hello all. Does anyone have a complete list of brake line fittings for a 92 Ranger 4x4 4.0L? I'm restoring mine and I would like some help if anyone has anything. Thanks a bunch! - j
  10. Spring Perch/Pad

Hi everyone! Does anyone know where I can get some 3.25" leaf spring perch/pads? I'm doing a '97 Explorer 8.8 with disc brakes axle swap and I need some new perches/pads to weld to the top of the axle. The Explorer 8.8 is 3-1/4 inches in diameter and the Ranger uses a 2-1/2 inch wide spring...
  11. Superlift Ext. Radius Arm Install Help, Please!

Hello everyone! I am trying my best to install these SuperLift Extended Radius Arms on my 92 Ranger 4x4 with the Dana 35 Reverse Axle in the front. The upper ear on the arm is shorter than the lower and I cannot for the life of me figure out just how they are supposed to go on this crazy...
  12. I'm a little confused.

Hello everyone. I have a question. Will my BW T-fer case be affected if I change the rear 8.8 28-spline axle to a 8.8 31-spline axle? The front hasn't change by being a Dana 35 reverse. Thank you!
  13. Steering Shaft Replacement

Hello all. Is there anyone out here that knows of where I can get a 90-92 Ranger Super 4x4 (engine bay) Steering Shaft? Aftermarket? New? Used? I cannot find much of anything about them and I need some help. Thank you!
  14. Gas Hood Struts

Hello everyone. Has anyone out here dealt with installing gas hood struts on their Rangers? I own a 92 and I'd love to install some. The reason behind it is because I recently had a small electrical fire in the engine bay. I burned myself trying to hold the hood up and prop it so I could put...
  15. Apron Front Fender

Hello everyone. Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a set of Apron Frt Fndr RH & LH for a 92 Ranger? I had a small engine fire and I need to replace them. Thanks everyone!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad