• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MikeSak

1. Index the flywheel?

I'm used to 5.0s where the flywheel bolts will only line up one way. With this 2.9 I could spin the flywheel all the way around and the bolts line up evey time. Do I need to index the flywheel on a 2.9?
  2. Melted piston #4 on the way home

I bought a nice 89 Ranger XLT 4x4 2.9 manual everything a few months ago. I had to drive about 350 miles each way to get it. It ran perfectly fine during the test drive and for the first 100 miles on the trip back home. It started off just losing power at highway speed so I would just pull over...
  3. Stock shift knob.

I'm looking for new stock shift knob for my 92 Explorer and all I can find is the the bigger and heavier ones they put in the newer Rangers. Does anyone know if the old style shift knobs are still available?
  4. Bugging Out / Survival

Another thing is medication. Antibiotics will be worth their weight in gold when the balloon goes up. If you're diabetic who needs insulin or need to take any medications to live, well good luck and god bless.
  5. HVAC control problems

This is in a 92 Explorer but the dash is the same as a 2nd gen Ranger. The two clips for the blend door cable in the picture (circled in red) are broken. Can I just replace that blue lever or do I have to replace the whole control panel? Also does anyone know anywhere to buy that cable besides...
  6. Bronco II Plus Craigslist find

I found a 86 Bronco II Plus on Bloomington, IN Craigslist. Here's a link to the post in the classified section. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117162 Here's a link to the ad. http://bloomington.craigslist.org/cto/2671969478.html Here's a link if you never heard of a...
  7. Just making sure my research is correct.

So if I wanted to put a carbed 5.0 in a 1st gen Explorer Sport but keep it 4x4 with a manual trans and transfer case the best way to go about it would be to get a M5OD-R2 and BW4406 out of a 97-03 F-150 with the 4.2 v6. Does that sound right?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad