• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by martinjmpr

1. Electrical issues: backup light and 4 way flashers?

OK, I posted this in another forum but have yet to get any responses....trying it here in the hopes that maybe there are more people reading it. I bought my new-to-me 1996 B2300 in September. At the time I bought it, everything seemed to work OK but there were a few things I didn't check...
  2. Another interior question: Lower dashboard panel removal?

Another dumb question: How does the lower dash panel (the one below the steering wheel) come out? I see there are two Torx-head screws, one on the left and one on the right. I got them out, but when I tried to pull the lower dash panel out, it kept sticking right where the hood release latch...
  3. Back up lights not working - help needed...

On my new-to-me 1996 Mazda B2300, I just noticed that the back up lights don't work (I guess I didn't check that out when I bought them. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever checked the back up lights on a vehicle!) So the easy things were checked. Both bulbs are OK and the fuse is...
  4. Remove spring from center console lid?

On my new-to-me 96 B2300 (a/k/a 4 cyl Ranger) the flip-down center console has lost the little latch that holds the lid closed on the console. Right now the lid is held closed by a velcro strap but that's a PITA to put on and take off and if I remove it the spring will force the lid into an...
  5. Stereo question for my new-to-me B2300...

Just picked up a 1996 Mazda B2300 (AKA 4 cyl Ranger) with no stereo. According to the seller the truck previously had an aftermarket stereo that was stolen. My question for the group is this: I want to put in another aftermarket system, and will most likely be going through Crutchfield...
  6. Long time lurker, now here for good...

I posted a couple of times briefly in 2010. At that time I was shopping for a second vehicle for a DD and thought about a Ranger. Ultimately I ended up with a car, a 97 Mazda Protege. Well, after 2 1/2 years, I ditched the Protege (though it was a good car) and now have a Ranger again...
  7. Ideas for camping with the Ranger...

GC: I camped quite a bit in this: Here's the inside with the commercial carpet kit (about $500 but if you're mechanically inclined you can make your own) Travel configuration: Sleep configuration: I had black-out curtains on the windows and used to do a lot of "stealth camping" in...
  8. New guy, seeking Ranger info (4 cyl/reg cab/2wd)

Hi, Folks. I'm here because I'm looking for information on a possible Ranger purchase in the not-too-distant future (late this year or early next year.) Here's my situation: Currently I work in downtown Denver and because I live near the light rail, and my employer pays for my rail pass...
  9. New member, former Ranger owner...

Hi, folks. Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm not a current Ranger owner but I owned a 99 2wd XLT V6 Extended cab from 99 to 2003. I posted a bit on some other Ranger boards (Offroad Rangers maybe?) but I don't think I ever posted here at TRS, or if I did it was a previous version of this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad