• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by maroon ranger

1. SAS brake question

So I've swapped in a Dana 44 and a Ford 9" out of a 78 f150 into my 94 ranger. The brakes worked but the pedal wasn't solid. So I went with an 86 f150 master cylinder. Had to die grind the mounting holes and use one different flared fitting. Bench bled it and hooked it up. Now the pedal goes to...
  2. Sas question for all you guys who have done it

So I'm ready to start mocking up my solid axle!!!! I have one question. Where have you guys centered up your axle? Should I center it in the wheel wells? If I were to measure from the center of the body mount under the doors how far should I set the center of my axle? Any advice and all help is...
  3. time to regear 4.56 or 4.88??

Any pics or a link you could share?
  4. time to regear 4.56 or 4.88??

Thank you all for all the great info!!! Especially Jim Oaks! But you guys were a month and half late on responding for me. Hahaha no big deal. But I have already geared my axles and I chose to go with 4.88's. Ox locker up front and Detroit locker in the rear!!! Its gonna handle itself well! The...
  5. skyjacker part number or website

As the title indicates. I need the part number for the radius arm brackets and transmission cross member that sky jacker uses on their extended radius arm suspensions for the ford ranger. Hell if someone is even selling one themselves get ahold of me right now! Thank you for the help in advance!
  6. legitimate question...please try and help me out.

Sweet sounds like I'm doing pretty good on my studies!! Hahaha thanks guys for the help!!!! I will have get my swap done soon and let you guys know how it all turned out!!!!
  7. legitimate question...please try and help me out.

Okay everyone. Its finally time to through in my d44 solid axle and 9 inch!!!!! I've searched for hours and hours in the past few months and have seen mixed answers. So let me just ask this. I'm am going to do 64 inch stock Chevy leaves in the back with belltech 6400 shackles and am not huge...
  8. time to regear 4.56 or 4.88??

Thanks guys! 4.88's it is!
  9. time to regear 4.56 or 4.88??

Okay guys I finally have my Dana 44 and 9 inch completely rebuilt and painted and all the good stuff. It is officially time to put gears in them and throw them under the ranger!!!!! I'm looking for opinions on which gears too go with. I'm running 35's with a manual transmission. For a couple...
  10. rag joint

I have searched and searched and cannot find a replacement rag joint. I even stopped by local shops and parts stores and they told me that it has been discontinued. Anywho I am in need of one like right now! Hahaha. Or can anyone tell me of a junkyard fix that will get rid of the rag joint...
  11. looking for opinions about lockers and what not

Honestly not enough time to even be on here right now or do research. So those years will have a 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern? Once again thank you guys!
  12. looking for opinions about lockers and what not

Thank you guys. And what year f150 should I look for to get a 31 spline 8.8?
  13. looking for opinions about lockers and what not

So I'm looking for my next purchase for my build. And figured I'd get the gears and lockers out of the way. So I'm working with a Dana 44 out of a 78 f150 and an 8.8 out of a 98 explorer. I'm widening the 8.8 to match the width up front with custom shafts to match the bolt pattern. So now on...
  14. poor......well, very poor mpg's. need a skilled opinion

So I'm still clueless as to why I cannot get my ranger to run properly. 1994 4.0l 4x4 manual yada yada. In my last few posts I had stated that I rebuilt the motor. I.E...new heads, all gaskets, and almost every possible sensor under the hood. I did fix a short in my injector wiring and that...
  15. 11 miles a gallon and exhaust smells like gas

I have a 94 ford ranger with a 4.0L that is getting terrible fuel milage. I completely tore down and rebuilt the motor this winter. Every seal and gasket has been replaced, new heads were put on and a huge list of brand new sensors and gadgets. (Fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, maf, plugs...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad