• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

LD57's latest activity

• LD57
    LD57 replied to the thread 87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma.
    Persuaded the engine yank thingie just a tic further out of the way. Nice and snug! The new rubber cushion on back of it made it a...
    • DSCN9927.JPG
    • DSCN9930.JPG
    • DSCN9932.JPG
  • LD57
    LD57 reacted to Shran's post in the thread 87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma with Like Like.
    Good work! Now do it again with everything hooked up and the system charged! It's like trying to hold a handful of cooked spaghetti and...
  • LD57
    LD57 reacted to RobbieD's post in the thread 87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma with Like Like.
    Gitter done! Good job; have yourself a :beer:
  • LD57
    :icon_confused: Ya know...... maybe the airflow will be stronger without a plugged up evaporator? Doh! 🤪
  • LD57
    Great idea!! I'd repaired it long ago, not *really* knowing what I was doing, and replaced all but the evap and condenser when it...
    • DSCN9922.JPG
  • LD57
    BOOM! POS camera!! :pissedoff: Dropping the inner fender was the thing to do, and some of those screws were still a biatch to get...
    • DSCN9921.JPG
  • LD57
    Great idea!!
  • LD57
    LD57 reacted to Shran's post in the thread 87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma with Like Like.
    You do not have to pull the valve cover or anything else except move some wiring out of the way to remove the evaporator core. I’ve...
  • LD57
    That would be great! I've seen comments as crazy as pull the engine to get to it!! :shok: Hoping it goes like my other old ride, an...
  • LD57
    LD57 reacted to RobbieD's post in the thread 87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma with Like Like.
    I'm pretty sure that that's all there is to it.
  • LD57
    Hmmmm...... wonder if it will come out if I get the cover closest to the engine off? I have the new core, and it doesn't appear to...
    • evap drawing.png
    • case image.png
  • LD57
    Yeah, it didn't twist, it just broke off, and what the bleep, it's the original evap and they're not expensive, so new it is. Still...
  • LD57
    LD57 reacted to Bgunner's post in the thread 87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma with Like Like.
    OK the orifice tube is in there and has a slight twist to come out. They actually make a tool to grab it properly so you can twist it to...
  • LD57
    LD57 reacted to Bgunner's post in the thread Making the cabin hold cold air better with Like Like.
    +1 on the mat. Dyno Mat or the like is the best option as it shields the heat from exhaust also as it is a insulation. The down fall is...
  • LD57
    I ordered a new evaporator right after posting. That writing was on the wall. Not sure how to approach the housing. It *looks* like...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad