• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by keithm

1. 6.7 and 7.5

Will the flange that is bolted to the front of the pinion interchange between these two axles? When I installed the v8 and the aod, I thought the 3.45 7.5 would be ok to use. Problem is engine is turning 3400 at 75mph. I was given a 3.08 6.7 which was a simple swap, but the flanges have a...
  2. 5.0 surge

84 model motor, 289. Edelbrock intake , 625 carter afb, aod trans. This may be more of a question for the mustang group. After a routine carb clean and tune up, I now have an off idle surge, it seemed to start at a gentle steady cruise around 1500 rpms. And was gone by 1800. My thought were...
  3. Rear Ends

I rebuilt the aod a couple of weeks ago, and go it installed this past weekend. Install was very smooth and worked great afterward. Now that its running correctly I've noticed at 75 mph the engine is turning 3800. I have a 3:45 gear in it. 7.5 rear end, I know they made a 3:08, but did...
  4. Dash lights

Looks like the green comes from the actual faceplate sticker. I tried the led bulbs, that was a waste of time and money. It would seem that one way might be to install a small set of light bars in the case directly behind the face plates. Indiglo is nice but way overpriced. Has anyone ever...
  5. Stock tach hook up

I've read a few different threads about tach hook ups unfortunately nothing specific to a 1990 model. If I understand it correctly a tach from an 87-91 bronco or f150 will plug into a ranger cluster and work just fine. Has anyone had any experience with this?
  6. Darcy

"darty" feel Ok. 2wd model, 1988, bell tech drop kit. The front end has a real "darty" feel in that it has a tendency to follow any imperfections in the pavement. I've changed the ball joints ,checked tie rod ends, steering links wheel bearings. The bushings are urethane and tight, except...
  7. Ground effects finally on

Well here it is getting closer, this is a test to make sure I have figured out this picture posting part. 1990 84 302 83 AOD 7.5 rearend with 3.45 gear Thanks to Mac for advice on installing groun effects.
  8. Test

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w508/keithm1961/15e105f3.jpg
  9. Dash lights

I have a 90 model that I removed the dash on and replaced the bulbs with red led builds, I'm still getting some green in the display, and the LEDs don't seem to diffuse the light properly. The centers of the gauges look good but the markings are just not showing. I thought they used a...
  10. Jetting

I need to change the jetting on a 2150 carb, it has a a9f in it. I need to go a few steps leaner but can't find a listing to see what that number would be. Any ideas?
  11. Front sway bar

Ok to here's the deal, 1990 ranger 2 we'd, 302 with aod trans, I am getting ready to install a sway bar on the front. I took it down to have it aligned after I put the 302 in. I had replaced the ball joints, the pivot bushings and radius arm bushings were ok, but the truck would get "darty"...
  12. Bell tech and sway bars

I've got a bell tech drop kit in my 90 model and am looking at adding sway bars, does anyone know if the stock swaybar works with that set up.
  13. Tach recalibration. Bad dad

Hey bad dad I got into the tach on this 90 Model and fount the adjustable resistor, it definitely mad a difference the problem is it doesn't have enough adjustment, also noted the back of the cluster had the sheet of plastic withe circuit board in it on the tach side it actually said 8cyl...
  14. Neutral safety

When I installed the v8 I also installed an aod trans, I noted there were 5 wires in the clutch neutral safety and 4 in the aod ns. Continuity checks showed closed circuit in park and neutral so I hooked them up and I get a click but no start. If I remove the switch an hook up a jumper it will...
  15. Tach adjustment

I finally found the tach wire, all the info I found said tan with yellow tracer turned out to be black with a yellow tracer.i hooked it up to the stock tach and idle reads about 2200. If I remember correctly bad dog said there are adjustments on the back of the tach that can be turned to get...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad