• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by kcarsey

1. kcarsey

Just bought my 2nd ranger, transmission question.

Hello everyone, new (2nd) ranger owner here. My first truck was a 99 4.0 4wd auto, bought it with 160k, long story short, had some trans problems, installed superior 5r55e shift kit, drove the truck to 230k with no problems and sold. To today, I just bought a 2006 2wd 3.0 auto with 120k miles...
  2. kcarsey

Torque Converter Lockup??

I have a pretty random question about something related to my 1999 ranger 4.0 auto with the 5r55e. The other day I was out in the woods playing around and trying to climb a muddy hill in my ranger. My truck is 4.0 ohv with the 5r55e automatic 4:10 gears and 31x10.50 tires. Anyways, on...
  3. kcarsey

v8 swap mpg

Post up your mpg numbers in your efi 302 swapped ranger. Particularly looking for 4wd rangers with 4r70w but any input appreciated. Also tore size, gear ratio, etc. Trying to make a final decision between 302 and diesel swap in my 99' 4x4 off road extended cab. Hoping for 20mpg highway with...
  4. kcarsey

1999 ranger 4.0 auto to manual question

Planning on doing a swap into my 1999 ranger 4.0 auto. The swap is going to be 4bt/m5r2 or some variant, but the one thing I can not figure out is where the clutch master cyl mounts into the firewall. I have searched high and low for info on this from people who just swap the manual trans...
  5. kcarsey

SAS 99 ranger?

Sorry for the double post. stupid phone :D
  6. kcarsey

SAS 99 ranger?

I am also looking to possibly do SAS on my 99 ranger and I have did a lot of research but it is quite overwhelming especially deciding on an axle combo. My truck sees 85% or more on road. I'm going to be running 33x10.50 tires and I highly doubt I will ever go bigger than that. Main goals I'm...
  7. kcarsey

SAS 99 ranger?

I am also looking to possibly do SAS on my 99 ranger and I have did a lot of research but it is quite overwhelming especially deciding on an axle combo. My truck sees 85% or more on road. I'm going to be running 33x10.50 tires and I highly doubt I will ever go bigger than that. Main goals I'm...
  8. kcarsey

96 vs 99 ranger help!

Hey guys I'm a new poster here, been lurking for quite a while though and am starting to post here on the forums more. I have a delima at the moment. I have a 1999 ranger xlt 4x4 4.0 auto. I really like this truck but have thought I had always wanted a 97 or earlier for the ttb front end. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad