• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by KaHOnas

1. KaHOnas

Starter clicks, truck runs after push start

And Bingo was his name-o. It was corrosion at the positive battery post. The previous owner ran a few extra circuits for lights and accessories. The clamp holding the extra cables had allowed some corrosion. So while the battery clamp was tight, the corrosion at the wire ends was preventing the...
  2. KaHOnas

All signs do point to a wiring issue. The interior lights dim significantly when I try to crank. It's a new battery as well. So yeah, that's my next step is to get these wires checked. This is my first Ranger and I wanted to see if there was anything else I may be missing. I didn't think it'd be...
  3. KaHOnas

My 98 4.0 m/t (224k miles) has been doing this for a little while. I hear the starter click, the Bendix is engaging, but the starter motor is not spinning the engine. I can get the truck to run if i push start it (the wonderful thing about having a manual transmission) and it runs fine. I...
  4. KaHOnas

'98 PVH one hub locked and other free

Thanks. That's exactly what I need until I can get the new hub locks installed. Edit: well kiss my grits, this mod works great! The wheels I had came with steel hub covers so I drilled a small (1/4") hole to use a metal rod to press the plunger on the inside. It took a couple times to get used...
  5. KaHOnas

Oh. This is my first 4WD truck so I suspected I was making a bit of a fool of myself by asking. But that's how you learn. Thank you for not being a condescending internet jerk! Your answer does make sense but doesn't this result in more wear on the front right tire from the drag of being...
  6. KaHOnas

While doing a brake job, I noticed that my left hub spins freely and my right hub is turning the axle. How can I free up the right hub? I'm leaning toward doing the manual locker modification but for now I just need both front hubs to be doing the same thing. Thanks, everyone.
  7. KaHOnas

Rear door latch repair

The irony (maybe?) that there are no replies to this either. Until now. I've been having the dome light issue with my driver's rear door. I didn't have any idea where the switch was until now. Thank you.
  8. KaHOnas

Tec/ Brake upgrades/ Areostar drum swap.

I'm glad I found this. I've been looking at doing this upgrade and I was unaware of the hole size difference. Maybe I'll hold off; I thought this was plug and play. I can't be machining out holes.
  9. KaHOnas

Frustrating .22LR

From my experience, I’ve had less than optimal performance out of Remington and Winchester plinker-box ammo. Federal has always given me solid performance. This is based n multiple .22s I’ve had. I can expect about 1 out of every 10 Golden Bullets to be a dud.
  10. KaHOnas

What is this wire coming from the T-case shift motor harness?

I'm a former helicopter mechanic and I have a large selection of lockwire at my disposal. A short piece of .042 stainless worked very well for this purpose. You guys have been incredible for this. Thank you so much for your help!
  11. KaHOnas

Actually, he used it to park his boat in what was a very tight driveway.
  12. KaHOnas

Hah! Thanks. It was my father's truck and he took great care of it. It's nice not having to dig through half an inch of sludge getting to stuff! Next up, figure out where this oil leak is coming from...
  13. KaHOnas

Look at the below photo. Coming out of the back of the shift motor harness plug, there is a single brown wire that runs just in front of the fill plug and terminates in the rear of the t-case rear driveshaft output. I've looked at both the shift motor rebuild writeups in the tech section but...
  14. KaHOnas

Hey everyone! First post; new member.

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd drop a quick note and introduce myself. I recently got my father's 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD 4.0. Currently has just over 221,000mi. It runs pretty well. He had it since 2002 and roughly 52,000mi. He was always meticulous about staying on top of maintenance but...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad