• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by justwalt

1. axle swaps for a ranger...

the deciding factor... my wife pushed me to take a ride to our closest junk yards... and the score... there sat a '94 explorer intact, with a rusted frame. so, for 130 skinny bucks, we got 2 ranger doors with NO rust, door panels, door seals, a nice tinted sliding rear window... and...AND...
  2. axle swaps for a ranger...

my junkyard price, (yesterday), was $1000 for all... 4.9, C6 w/T-case and the explorer rears... but then it would all have to be rebuilt. yes, the C6 is heavy, and more expensive to rebuild my 302 ranger of years ago ended up an auto C5, and it was hard to find the correct bellhousing then...
  3. axle swaps for a ranger...

I know the inline six is an odd choice, but the engine is the simplest to work on, and its reliability is outstanding. the cost is always a factor as well, and I really like the extra room that it leaves in the engine compartment... to mount other things. I don't mind cutting, grinding and...
  4. axle swaps for a ranger...

hello... new here guy with questions; I've got a '87 extended cab, (an auction buy, pretty worn out), but I've been looking to swap in a 300-6 with a C6 auto trans and T-case... and something better than the typical rears... (maybe jeep?) I've done a 302... (with a model 21 T-case), ranger...
  5. it's walt... justwalt

it's walt... hello people, just joining the fun, from northeast PA... cuz the wife bought me an old ranger at an auction... used to have an '85 5.0L 4x4 ranger... now I've got an '87 supercab that desperately needs a major conversion. this looks like a great site, and I hope to make some...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad