• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jsoluna

1. jsoluna

4.0 Starts, Runs, Then Dies

Hey guys, I've got 92 Ranger 2WD, 5spd with the 4.0. It has been a great engine and never given me any quirks until this winter. It has set a lot this year. I just got it back on the road. After driving it for a few weeks, I parked it again for a month. I went to start it and it fired...
  2. jsoluna

Torquing Down Radius Arms

The torque specs for the large radius arm nuts is a hefty 100ft-lbs or so, and I've never had enough room to get even a breaker bar to toque mine down enough. How do you guys get a good torque on radius arm bushing nuts? Also, have you guys had good luck with the thermoplastic bushings? I've...
  3. jsoluna

Axle Pivot Bushing Install

Ok guys, Installing new poly Energy Suspension Axle Pivot Bushings into the axles on my 2wd. I have to re-use my old sleeves, and I've got them cleaned and ready. My question is this: the installation instructions don't show how the metal sleeve should be oriented in the axle (flared lip on...
  4. jsoluna

Plugged Cats After Head Gasket Job?

Hey guys, Just got a '94 4x4 Auto with the 4.0 put back together after doing head gaskets. The problem I'm having is that the truck ran fine until it REALLY warmed up, meaning that it had purged all the water and coolant from the exhaust. At this point the exhaust got real hot and I even saw...
  5. jsoluna

92 2wd BallJoint Replacement

Hey guys, Replacing upper and lower balljoints on my 92 2wd, noticed that the package shipped with two snap rings for the balljoints, but after installing the joints in the knuckle, only the upper has a recessed portion to accept a snapring. Is this correct? The bottom one (the joint that has...
  6. jsoluna

Axle Pivot Bushings - Poly

Hey guys, Getting ready to put the 92 2wd back together before the weather really breaks. I'm doing bascially the whole front end - bearings, rotors, pads, tie rods, radius bushings, and pivot bushings. I've had bad experience with the poly radius arm bushings - hard ride, squeaky, didn't...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad