• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by john112deere

1. your truck camping

No pics, but... I've slept in the front seat of my '97 (not fun), in the bed under the cap (better) and in a tent (best). When I sleep in the back of the truck, I've got fabric-covered plywood "floorboards" to soften the bed floor, then a Thermarest and my sleeping bag. If I was about 2"...
  2. 4 Banger Gas Milage, long term.

I've actually written my own spreadsheet for gas mileage...and plan to add in sheets for maintenance and tire changes, at least. I got a bit carried away with making it shiny...I've spent a lot of hours writing macros that won't really simplify using the thing any, but it's been fun. (It's...
  3. 4 Banger Gas Milage, long term.

What rear-end gears do you have, and what tire size (or sizes) do you run? Also- I've just purchased a new Ranger, and plan on keeping detailed records of every gallon of gas I run through it. Any thoughts on what numbers are or aren't worth keeping neatly organized? I figure if I record the...
  4. my two Rangers

First, my beloved '97: Got it just before I turned 17, with a little over 200k miles on the clock. 2.3, 5-speed, 4x2 with factory 4.10 gears. It's slow and lousy in the snow, but I've put more than 60k miles on it in that time, with fewer problems than a lot of vehicles with half the miles...
  5. TPMS, with two sets of rims

What I've got: -2009 Ford Ranger -dedicated winter tires mounted on the factory rims, with functional TPMS -original equipment tires sitting in my basement What I want: -two 100% complete, operational sets of wheels and tires (including functional-enough TPMS to keep the light off), such that...
  6. handling issue, stock '97

I've got a '97 Ranger, 2wd, with about 247k on the clock. 4-cyl, XLT, sprung pretty low and soft since it was new. Lately (it's been getting worse for a while now) it's been handling almost scary-bad on the interstate at times, usually in cross-winds, and it also has crappy tracking and bad...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad