• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jklolkik

1. stumbling hesitation possible misfire

Ok thank you. I just took my truck out for a drive after plugging the o2 sensors into the correct plugs and it did not have any stumbling. Now just need to figure out the other connectors so I can trim them or atleast label them
  2. stumbling hesitation possible misfire

thanks Ron I will check it in the morning. thing that also stumps me is the o2 and and a couple of other plugs one being the camshaft position sensor? just behind the intake manifold was not plugged in along with the crankshaft position sensor? before i did the head gasket change. also the o2...
  3. stumbling hesitation possible misfire

I have a 93 with the 4.0 ohv with the 98tm casting heads(swapped heads a couple years ago) it was running fine then one day it was blowing smoke sputtering and died. Refused to start so towed it home. Got it home and replaced the head gaskets, lower and upper intake gaskets. Took it for a drive...
  4. Engine will not stay running

Thanks for the responses. I will use rons suggestion first if that doesnt work then i will swap the pumps per flooreds suggestion
  5. Engine will not stay running

I believe the cause is the fuel pump. I pulled it bench tested it does still work but has a high potch whine. Anyways bought a new fuel pump assembly but it is 1 inch to long and does not fit in my tank. Sadly can no longer return it because of store policy. I have a 93 ford ranger rwd extended...
  6. High idle and misfire

I just cleaned it and it does indeed idle lower now. But at alittle less than a thousand. I have not reset the screw yet. Will have to wait until after work tomorrow. Will also test if it fixed the misfire with the o2 tomorrow as well
  7. High idle and misfire

Ok thanks. Once check this and correct it should it fix my misfire issue with the o2 sensor?
  8. High idle and misfire

What i mean by the idle screw is the screw thats on the throttle linkage that moves the throttle plate
  9. High idle and misfire

I replaced the fuel filter and the O2 sensor same thing. Runs like a champ without it except the high idle
  10. High idle and misfire

Just changed the heads on my 93 ford ranger with the 98tm heads. I know it causes it to run at higher compression. My problem is the truck is idling high at 2k rpm. The idle set screw on the throttle body is all the way out. It was idling high even with the stock heads. As i was putting the...
  11. New cylinder heads

Yea probably
  12. New cylinder heads

the cylinders look good the pistons on those 2 cylinders have heavy carbon. except for the very far side toward the fender it was clean bare metal on the piston. Did not do a compression test. Probably should have but with that side having a crack I didnt even think about the compression. miles...
  13. New cylinder heads

Here are the pictures of the heads and the cylinders in question
  14. New cylinder heads

When i get home i will take pictures. That was a typo it was supposed to be to the cylinder head. The bolt broke when torquing it down. Probably only got to 20 ft lbs then broke. Looks like it was an old crack where the bolt broke.
  15. New cylinder heads

There was a pretty bad misfire and I was able to see a small crack between valves on the passenger side rear cylinder

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad