• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jcwilliams

1. Ford 7.5 4.10 gears set-up help

I'm looking for a Lil help. I've got a new ring and pinion with all new bearings and new bearings on the carrier as well. I've got the pinion preload at 19-20 spec calls for 14-19 with a .025 pinion shim (OE depth) Back lash at 11 spec is 12-16 And here's my pattern Thanks in advance
  2. Bolt extraction

Ford 7.5 inch rear end cross shaft bolt is rounded off. Any ideas as to how to get it loose? Thanks
  3. Drive line noise

I've got a 1998 ranger 4wd automatic trans that has some loud drive line noise while driving down the road. If I put it in neutral while its going down the road the noise goes away whether I'm on or off the gas. If I let my foot off the gas the noise isn't there if I touch the gas again ( no...
  4. Motor swap

Not sure if right area for this but I had a 1999 ranger 3.0 flex fuel engine hooked to a manual trans that I needed to stick in a 1998 ranger that had a 3.0 non flex fuel automatic trans in it. All went well with the swap everything works as it should runs fine other than I have both banks...
  5. Heater hoses

I have a 99 ranger 3.0 flex fuel motor. Would like for someone to post a picture of their heater hoses going from block to heater core. I think I have mine switched after pulling motor. Thanks
  6. four wheel drive issue

I'm having problems with my four wheel drive on my 99 ranger. It has automatic locking hubs actuated by vacuum. The hubs disengage themselves when I come to a stop. Works fine any other time. Any ideas? I'm in Ohio and we are getting up to 10 inches tonight. I'm going to need it to work...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad