• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jablome483

1. Mobile Welding Side Business

Hey guys, I am thinking of starting a side business doing mobile welding to make some money while I'm in college. I have a lincoln mig/flux core that runs on 110 so I wouldnt be doing anything too serious, just fixing other peoples junk. I plan on picking up a used generator so I am completely...
  2. 2001 timing chain rattle

My 2001 ranger 4.0 with 112,000 miles has what I believe to be a timing chain rattle. It's a small ticking/rattle sound at idle, which sounds like it's coming from the front of the engine where the timing chains are. Normally you can't hear it when driving, but when I hit about 2500 rpm when...
  3. 4.0 auto to manual

I have a 2001 4x4 with a sohc 4.0, auto trans and electric shift transfer case. I would like to swap both to manual. I've gathered that I'll need a M5OD-R1HD trans, but what other parts will I need to do the full swap, and about how much would it cost. Both the trans and t-case work fine so I...
  4. Trails around Canton, NY

Anybody know any local trails around Canton NY? Im from Massena but am living in Canton while I'm going to SUNY Canton.
  5. flared fenders

Would it be possible to fit 33 in tires on an 01 4x4 ranger with a tbar crank if i get flared front fenders, or am i going to need a body lift? Im asking because i dont really like the look of a body lift and i do a fair bit of hauling in my bed and dont like the idea of it not being supported...
  6. belt squeal

so i went through the car wash today and my serp. belt started squeaking. ive had this fixed a few times, new belt, tensioner, and idler pulley in the last few months. every time it gets fixed it goes away for a little while, then comes back on a random day when its wet, after wheeling, or the...
  7. off road package

does anyone know what the off road package for the 2001 model included? ive googled it and found several different answers. some say it had a l/s diff, some say 4.10, some say different shocks and wheels and tires. i have no idea what to belive
  8. hard start 2001

my 01 4.0 starts hard after it has been sitting for a few hours or more (cranks for about 5 seconds before firing), but when the engine is warm it starts up fine. i tried cleaning the iac valve, no luck. i will be getting a fuel pressure test kit soon. I would like everyones input because im no...
  9. rust

anybody have any bad rust stories? i just tried to adjust my torsion bars. i soaked the bolts in liquid wrench for 2 days, i broke the socket and stripped both bolts before i gave up and accepted that they were rusted in place:annoyed: i guess if i want a lift i gotta get a body lift
  10. opinion on new head unit

my problem is that i really like the stock head unit because it can play cassette tapes, which i still listen to(im only 17). im having trouble finding a new head unit that can play cassettes and cds for a decent price, so im wondering if it would sound good to amp my speakers or should i just...
  11. flat black

i have recently been toying with the idea of painting my truck flat or satin black. does anybody know how durable that will be? where i live there is snow on the ground and salt on the roads for 5 months, and i go on dirt trails and do mild wheeling. post pics of your truck and what you used to...
  12. 4.0 auto to manual

i am thinking of swapping from auto to manual in my 01 4.0 liter 4x4, what are my options for trannys to put in and what else will i need to do the swap
  13. cats

how many cats should an 01 4.0 have? mine has 3 which seems rather odd. i know you cant remove all of them but if i removed one or 2 would that still be legal?
  14. hard start...sometimes

well lately every once in a while when i go to start my truck, it will turn over 10 or 12 times before it fires, but most of the time it starts up fine, and it always runs just fine after its started. anybody know what i should do about this? its a SOHC
  15. bench seat

so i walk over to my truck and move the seat, and it just flops forward. apparently whatever holds the back in position is broke, so ive decided to just get a new junkyard seat, i hated the 60/40 bench i had. everyone on this site site swaps in buckets, but i want to swap in a solid bench, or at...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad