• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by -irwin-

1. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

I hear ya, my thing is the truck has been off the road for about 3 years so I'm not in any rush and would rather not do things twice. I never plan on getting rid of the truck so time isn't an issue and investment into something that will last is a definite positive
  2. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

I think I might go the super runner route because my tie rods are shot... hell basically the whole suspension is shot. I read your review on the kit, very nice write up, but I saw you are running an f250 spring bucket and Jeep coils? My spring buckets are pretty damn rusty and after 160k miles...
  3. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

junkie... i wasnt saying welding over the welds, i was saying i would prefer the factory welds over mine (bubble gum) or more than likely one of my buddies who are a lot better to say the least. you got me though im not a welder just never took enough time to get the touch... im the guy with the...
  4. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

I was looking at the sky jacker kit, I want new leafs mine are saggy and need to be replaced I also noticed the new arms which are nice. Should I do the steering system with this on a 4 inch lift? The steering issues you mentioned have me a lil spooked. I also was wondering about doing springs...
  5. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

Thanks man, trust me car-part.com is my friend LOL any digestions on a lift kit? I was looking at a few 4 inch kits but being as you beat on yours I would like to know your opinion, so much of my suspension is rotted I might end up better off just doing the lift now
  6. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

will do man... found a trans on car-part.com rebuilt for 450 with warranty!! what years and models did the manual transfer case come in? while i have the trans out im planning on changing that out as well. might order the fenders and body lift this week! gotta see what the shipping for the trans...
  7. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

Well that's a lot to consider, maybe for now I will just run the glass fenders 3 inch body lift and focus on getting this thing back on the road with a set of 33s and have the lift be the next faze. I want this on the road by winter and if I'm going to dos full on lift I will want it done right...
  8. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

How bad are we talking with the rub? Would the 3 inch remedy this? I don't want to have the steering issues you spoke of earlier... but I want to keep this thing as close to off the shelf parts as possible. For reliability and ease of repair Maybe I should just do 33s?
  9. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

Huh never heard of shimming the axel, how involved is that?
  10. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

Fender trimming won't be necessary because I'm going wit fiber glass fenders front and rear to replace my rusty steel, and a 3 inch body lift on top of that so I would have a tot of 6 inches of extra clearance to the top of the fender from just that.do you think I could get away with 2 inches of...
  11. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

I do currently have the m50d in my truck although the trans. All ready melted down, so rather than try to rebuild it I will get another and go through it thoroughly., it was a great transfer and the gearing was deep as hell.the little 2.9 is tough and I found it reliable but kinda suffered on...
  12. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

sweet thanks man! i dont remember what the m50d is in? and what does iirc mean? lol sorry will that work with the 10" clutch? any other thoughts on the build?
  13. Bugging Out / Survival

heres a thought ever grown potatoes? no real work involved high calorie store for long periods, we used to grow them on the mountain i grew up on so we could get "new" potatoes for stew. black berries will grow damn near anywhere and attract small game galore from birds to squirrels and even...
  14. 90 ranger expeditionary vehicle

should i post this here and delete the other thread? really want some advice so i dont have to do this twice! any help is great! thanks! http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124146

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad