• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by hkerekes

1. 89 ranger 2.9 to 94 ranger 4.0

I read the faq and most of the posts but still have questions. I have the complete engine/harness/ecu from a 94 ranger 4.0 that id like to put into my 89 ranger 2.9 Would it be easier to re use my 2.9 harness or adapt the 4.0 harness. I can also get a computer from a 91 if it makes anything...
  2. 89 ranger 2.9 issues

The truck runs good when cold but will miss / hesistate / knock when warm. It has a fresh tune up and a new ish oxygen sensor. I just tried the koeo and koer and all i can get is code 11. koeo give me 11 - 11 Koer gives me 11 - 11 I still cant get it to perform the balance test. Run the...
  3. Truck wont start low voltage at fuel pump

I fixed the vacuum lines and now the truck wont start. :icon_confused: The fuel pump is not turning on. 7.1 volts at the inertia switch. 7.1 volts at the fuel pump relay and 7.1 volts at the #8 pin on the ecu orange/lite blue wire. I disconnected the inertia switch and still 7.1 volts. I...
  4. Redoing vacuum lines on my 89 2.9L Will paypal $10 to whoever helps me.

Some of the vacuum lines need to be replaced but I believe some of them are not routed correctly. The previous owner of the truck "rednecked" all kinds of things on the truck. I just want to double check the vacuum routing. It might take 5 minutes of your time. There are no junkyards with...
  5. Misfire / hesitation only when warm.

I have had a few issues with this truck that I have sorted but I can't fix or figure out this one. When the truck is cold it runs fine. The longer it runs the worse the misfire gets. The hotter the outside temp the worse it gets. Going to work in the morning the truck is fine. Coming home...
  6. Distributor problems

Do all 2.9's have the same distributor? My 89 v6 distributor gets too hot to touch and I believe it is causing my engine miss and knock when it gets up to operating temperature. When the engine is cold it runs perfectly.
  7. silly rednecks

I bought an 89 2wd extended cab for cheap. The previous owner ( redneck ) "fixed" alot of issues that I knew I would had to correct. One is the fuel pump wiring. He has hotwired the fuel pump from the fuse box. The factory wiring at the pump only has 6 ish volts. I tried looking for the...
  8. fuel pump wiring

On my 89 v6 2wd the ground wire for the fuel pump was intermittently having a bad connection. I dropped the tank and took off the 4 wire connection to the fuel pump and bent the connectors back into shape. Long story short I am not 100% sure the order of the wires. Looking from the top of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad